Double Applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heart-tones06

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what to do if you are applying for two programs as far as interviewing at the same place is concerned? Please help. I am still a little undecided and instead of sitting out a year in a transitional program I decided to figure it out while interviewing. Thanks for any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied for two different specialties. Int Med and ENT. (Nobody seems to understand why in the world I would do this, but thats a different story). Departments really dont talk to each other that much, especially my two, so no problems for me. However, if the programs you are applying to are smaller (community) and the specialties more similar, they could potentially find out, and it may cause you to be ranked a bit lower, but thats a guess. I think the chances are a slim they'd even find out, especially at a big program. If they ask you about it, be up front, but I certainly wouldnt volunteer any information. In summary, I think its unlikely to affect you.

heart-tones06 said:
Does anyone know what to do if you are applying for two programs as far as interviewing at the same place is concerned? Please help. I am still a little undecided and instead of sitting out a year in a transitional program I decided to figure it out while interviewing. Thanks for any advice.