1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Double Major on AADSAS

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by lilchinoboy03, May 8, 2007.

1. lilchinoboy03

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I opened up a AADSAS just to look at it last cycle, but I'm applying for this cycle. I vaguely remember there being a spot to list a 2nd major, but I remember something confusing. If I have a double major right now as an undergraduate, would my 2nd major be my 2nd major under 1st degree, or 2nd major under 2nd degree? I think that's what the question was...There were two ways to list a 2nd major. Anyone know what I'm talking about and which one I'm supposed to put?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jeninny44

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    anyone with the intelligence to earn a double major should be able to figure this one out of their own. :laugh:

lxx likes this.
  4. lilchinoboy03

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    anyone else know what im talking about? its a bio B.S. and a psych B.A. I forgot what the exact wording of the question, and AADSAS is closed until next week.

5. Hysteria24

Hysteria24 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I think this is funny because I did the same double major as you. Even the BS and BA were the same. Anyways, I also looked into the same situation and this is what I remember finding:

The 2nd major should be listed as the 2nd major on the first degree. This makes sense, as both majors will be conferred at the same time on the same degree (also literally as both of my majors were written on the same diploma).

I believe the 2nd degree option is if you got an additional degree at a different time.

I wish I had my sources to back this up, but cannot find it again on the AADSAS FAQs.

6. JohnDoeDDS

JohnDoeDDS Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

How did you open AADSAS if it has been closed for a week?

Anywa, there really is no place to put your second major, but dental schools will see that on your official transcript from your college. Your transcript should list 2 majors on it...

7. lilchinoboy03

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    i meant I opened it a while back and remember seeing it, but now it's closed. Anyone else actually go through this? I know there is a place to put it.

8. Hysteria24

Hysteria24 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Ummmm... There are actually two ways of doing it, and the OP explained both.

I too opened up an application last cycle, and if I remember correctly, it explained what to do for a double major at that section of the application. Although it has closed now, I believe my previous post is correct way of going about it.

9. lilchinoboy03

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Thanks Hysteria. If you search "AADSAS Double Major", somebody said the opposite of that...that's why I'm trying to figure out the correct way for sure so there's no confusion. I'm not trying to challenge your answer or anything, but I'm sure you agree we should both be sure before we submit AADSAS!

10. Hysteria24

Hysteria24 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Here it is from the horse's mouth (the app instructions):

2nd Major for 1st Degree

Enter official major course of study at the institution. For instance, you completed a double major as an undergraduate student. Select "No Major" if you did not have a second major.

2nd Degree from Same Institution

If you earned a second degree from the same institution, select the second degree from the list provided. For example, you earned an Associate’s degree from ABC University and subsequently a Bachelor’s degree from ABC University. Enter your Bachelor’s degree information from ABC University in this section. (However, if you earned your Associate’s degree from ABC University and your Bachelor’s degree from XYZ university, do not list your Bachelor’s degree here; list it when you are entering degree information for XYZ university.)