Doubts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teethmagnet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so about 6 weeks ago, my decision was set on UMDNJ, unfortn i had to put an NYU deposit on Jan 15th (found out from UMDNJ on jan 22), i'm about to give up my NYU deposit this week, april 1st, but i do not know why i'm having a few doubts, maybe it is commitment issues???maybe it is that i will 100% now not be going to NYU??maybe moving to NJ??maybe bec i have a few friends going to NYU??

any thoughts. . .

Members don't see this ad.

so about 6 weeks ago, my decision was set on UMDNJ, unfortn i had to put an NYU deposit on Jan 15th (found out from UMDNJ on jan 22), i'm about to give up my NYU deposit this week, april 1st, but i do not know why i'm having a few doubts, maybe it is commitment issues???maybe it is that i will 100% now not be going to NYU??maybe moving to NJ??maybe bec i have a few friends going to NYU??

any thoughts. . .

Or maybe its all this ridiculous talk on SDN about how awful NYU is lol

But really, moving/going to dschool are huge decisions and huge life changes that would make anyone have doubts. Especially moving to one the biggest cities in the world like NYC, it can be overwhelming I'm sure. You worked hard and made it this far, it is only natural to have doubts about taking on 4 more years of school/stress + a huge amount of loans + new friends + a big, unfamiliar new home. Just make sure you get an apartment and get all moved in with plenty of time to explore and get used to the area, and maybe even get to know some of your classmates early. The more comfortable you feel before you start, the more comfortable you'll probably feel when the first day of classes arrives. :)

Or maybe its all this ridiculous talk on SDN about how awful NYU is lol

But really, moving/going to dschool are huge decisions and huge life changes that would make anyone have doubts. Especially moving to one the biggest cities in the world like NYC, it can be overwhelming I'm sure. You worked hard and made it this far, it is only natural to have doubts about taking on 4 more years of school/stress + a huge amount of loans + new friends + a big, unfamiliar new home. Just make sure you get an apartment and get all moved in with plenty of time to explore and get used to the area, and maybe even get to know some of your classmates early. The more comfortable you feel before you start, the more comfortable you'll probably feel when the first day of classes arrives. :)
thank you SO much for ur input

i hear that
and i think im just having doubts bec its finally hear, where before i could always just switch, but now its being reconfirmed that im going to UMDNJ

well, anyway, thank youuuuu and i am very excited to start UMDNJ!!!

gl to you

Members don't see this ad :)
Other than the area where it's is located (it is Newark), I've heard nothing but really good things about UMDNJ and the quality of education that it has. And at a fraction of the cost of NYU, I think you've made a great choice. Good luck!

Other than the area where it's is located (it is Newark), I've heard nothing but really good things about UMDNJ and the quality of education that it has. And at a fraction of the cost of NYU, I think you've made a great choice. Good luck!

yaaa thanks buddy:D