Dpm/md

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ussdfiant

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that a few years ago NYCPM was offering this dual degree, what ever happened to it? Does any school still offer it?

Members don't see this ad.

ussdfiant said:
I know that a few years ago NYCPM was offering this dual degree, what ever happened to it? Does any school still offer it?

NYCPM did not offer the degree. NYCPM had an articulation agreement with some international medical school that did distance learning to grant the MD degree. Only one person in the history of the program graduated and got a residency (because her parents were doctors at a hospital and pulled strings). The program is no longer in exsistance because many people were just being taken for their money.

I do not think any schools offer this anymore.

krabmas said:
NYCPM did not offer the degree. NYCPM had an articulation agreement with some international medical school that did distance learning to grant the MD degree. Only one person in the history of the program graduated and got a residency (because her parents were doctors at a hospital and pulled strings). The program is no longer in exsistance because many people were just being taken for their money.

I do not think any schools offer this anymore.
It kind of makes you wonder why NOVA is trying that "DO/DPM" degree. I'd be willing to bet that it will meet the same fate.

Members don't see this ad :)
jonwill said:
It kind of makes you wonder why NOVA is trying that "DO/DPM" degree. I'd be willing to bet that it will meet the same fate.

money, money, money.

NOVA offers almost every degree known to man. they will do anything to make a buck. :rolleyes:

krabmas said:
money, money, money.

NOVA offers almost every degree known to man. they will do anything to make a buck. :rolleyes:

I agree w/ that. To me the dual degree makes no sense; 7 years of school and tution to learn the same thing twice.