DPT Acceptance Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Affv

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to get some opinions on my chances for this upcoming cycle.
Undergrad: Pitt -- Rehab Science
cGPA- ~3.35
Pre-req- ~ 3.4
Planning on taking the GRE later this month.
Hours: 800 Outpaient Ortho, 50 outpaitent at the VA, 50 Sports Medicine

non-traditional: active duty Navy for 4 years.

Plan on applying to D'youville, UNE, GW, Maryland Baltimore/Eastern Shore, MCPHS, Rutgers, Stony Brook, Temple, Pitt.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think you have a decent chance man
Try to get a minimum of 300 combined in your GRE, and I'm sure you'll get a few interviews

Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone let me know if I have any chance in getting into the DPT programs I listed below. Unfortunately, I am applying last minute to some schools. As of now, I will submit my PTCAS application by January 10.

Major: Life Sciences
GPA: 3.97
Prereq GPA: 4.00
GRE: 143V, 150Q, and 3.0W
Observation Hrs: 157 outpatient ortho, 60 acute care, and 18 sub-acute rehab (235 Total)
along with 12hrs in pediatrics and observation hours in a few OT settings(hand therapy, pediatrics, acute care)
Extracurriculars: Volunteered in Emergency Department (20 hrs) and in the Geriatric Unit(250 hrs) of a hospital, Treasurer for Pre-Med club junior year, member of two other clubs, worked at KUMON tutoring center, Red Cross blood donor ambassador for one summer, currently doing research with organic chemistry professor.

Applying to: University of Scranton, Long Island University-Brooklyn, Wingate, Brenau, American International College, and West Coast University.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone let me know if I have any chance in getting into the DPT programs I listed below. Unfortunately, I am applying last minute to some schools. As of now, I will submit my PTCAS application by January 10.

GRE: 144V, 147Q, and 3.0W
Observation Hrs: 157 outpatient ortho, 60 acute care, and 18 sub-acute rehab (235 Total)
along with 12hrs in pediatrics and observation hours in a few OT settings(hand therapy, pediatrics, acute care)
Extracurriculars: Volunteered in Emergency Department (20 hrs) and in the Geriatric Unit(250 hrs) of a hospital, Treasurer for Pre-Med club junior year, member of two other clubs, worked at KUMON tutoring center, Red Cross blood donor ambassador for one summer, currently doing research with organic chemistry professor.

Applying to: University of Scranton, Long Island University-Brooklyn, Wingate, Brenau, American International College, and West Coast University.
You have awesome stats, but I would suggest applying to a few programs that start January 2019 or maybe some non-PTCAS programs that have a later deadline as a back-up considering you are applying so late.

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve always wondered what’s so appealing about American International college? Their tuition it’s way too expensive. Even if it was the only school that would accept me 150k for the program plus livings expenses it’s simply outrageous and out of reach.

Last edited:

Hi! I applied to University of Scranton and American International College as well. I received a letter in the mail that I was accepted to American International College on January 3rd. You have great stats so I feel like you could also get accepted to AIC. I have not heard anything from Scranton yet. Good luck!

Hi! I applied to University of Scranton and American International College as well. I received a letter in the mail that I was accepted to American International College on January 3rd. You have great stats so I feel like you could also get accepted to AIC. I have not heard anything from Scranton yet. Good luck!

Hi!
Congrats on your acceptance! Did AIC require an interview?

Hi!
Congrats on your acceptance! Did AIC require an interview?

Nope. They do not require an interview. Below I copy and pasted some info that might be useful that was in an email I received from AIC.

I have submitted my application and it has been verified by PTCAS. When will a decision be made on my application?
  • All students who have applications that are submitted and verified by December 1st can expect a decision via mail by the end of February. Students who submit applications for the April 1st deadline can expect a decision via mail by the end of May.

I don't recommend applying to Maryland, I'm pretty sure they automatically reject apps with GPA's below like 3.7 or 3.8.

Thank you

Nope. They do not require an interview. Below I copy and pasted some info that might be useful that was in an email I received from AIC.

I have submitted my application and it has been verified by PTCAS. When will a decision be made on my application?
  • All students who have applications that are submitted and verified by December 1st can expect a decision via mail by the end of February. Students who submit applications for the April 1st deadline can expect a decision via mail by the end of May.

I just applied to American International College on December 19th app was already verified. So I wont hear back from them until May?

cGPA- ~3.35
Pre-req- ~ 3.4

Plan on applying to D'youville, UNE, GW, Maryland Baltimore/Eastern Shore, MCPHS, Rutgers, Stony Brook, Temple, Pitt.

Thanks!

My gpas are pretty low, but I guess other areas in my application(essays/recommendations) let me into schools thus far! gpa matters for sure, but it's not everything!
Here are my updated stats below.

University:Univeristy of washington Seattle (UW)
Major: Biology (physiology)

Overall GPA:3.18 at university and 3.75(3.5+4.0) from 2 courses at north seattle community college.

Pre-Req GPA: ~3.25, no re-takes but grades ranged from 2.4-4.0

GRE: Q154/V152/W4

Extra-Curric: Men's club vball throughout 4 years of university, and assistant coach for men's/women's vball club at uw after graduation -> current

Volunteer: 140+ hours at uwmc in/out patient, and 35+ hours at orthopedics out patient

Applied: Emory/Henry C, FAMU, Hampton U, Husson U, Marymount U, Touro Nevada, UW seattle, Franklin Pierce U NH/AZ, and Duquesne U

Waitlist: Tourno U Nevada(11/18), Marymount U(12/12)

Acceptances: Franklin Pierce U NH (1/9), Marymount (1/16 - off of waitlist)

Rejections:

Interviews: Marymount(12/2), Emory/Henry(1/13 - declined)

Hey guys, I applied to University of Scranton on Dec. 23, 2017. I haven't gotten an email from them
saying they have recieved my application...I called them last week and they said their system takes a while (4-5 weeks) to
process the application. I'm getting kind of scared now since their deadline is in three days... Has anyone here
applied to this school?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just applied to American International College on December 19th app was already verified. So I wont hear back from them until May?

Yeah, I think you wont hear from them until May. Hope you hear something good though. I declined my offer from them

Have you heard from Scranton yet??

Have you heard from Scranton yet??

I just got an email saying they recieved my application from PTCAS, but they recieved it
after the Feb 1 deadline...so I don't know if they will even consider my application for review.

I just got an email saying they recieved my application from PTCAS, but they recieved it
after the Feb 1 deadline...so I don't know if they will even consider my application for review.

You received that email today? Have you heard back from anywhere else?

Scranton is one of the only schools i still haven't heard anything from

cGPA- ~3.35
Pre-req- ~ 3.4

Thanks!
You have a good chance :), I had similar stats and got interviews from 4 out of the 6 schools I applied. My gpa started pretty bad and had a high upward trend, ended up with a 3.4 cumulative. When I applied my ptcas gpa was a 3.29.

I had a decent GRE (307), that might've helped me as well. Get more shaddowing hours in other settings and work on your E.C.'s (research, clubs) and you'll be good :)

CONGRATS ON THE ACCEPTANCE TO AIC!!! Do u mind sharing ur stats?

Hi, I am going to be applying to Columbia, Stony Brook, Touro, NYMC, NYIT, NYU, U of Scranton, U of Miami, U of Maryland-Eastern Shore and Lebanon Valley College. I have a 3.65 overall GPA, and about a 3.60 Pre-Req GPA. I will be racking up my observation hours this summer in 2 in-patient settings and an outpatient setting. I am apart of 2 honor societies, have held a part-time job for 5 years now, volunteered at places around my school and did intramural sports. I am taking my GRE this summer before I apply, so I am hoping for a high score to make my resume better. I am wondering what my chances are for the schools I listed above or any chance at all of getting accepted to PT school. Thank you!!

CONGRATS ON THE ACCEPTANCE TO AIC!!! Do u mind sharing ur stats?

Hi there. Did you apply to aic this cycle?
I have an overall 3.73 gpa I think my pre-requisites for aic was a 3.77 if I remember correctly. I have about 220 outpatient hours (split between three places), 140 inpatient, 15 hippo, 800+ as a physical therapy tech. What else would you like to know?

Hi, I am going to be applying to Columbia, Stony Brook, Touro, NYMC, NYIT, NYU, U of Scranton, U of Miami, U of Maryland-Eastern Shore and Lebanon Valley College. I have a 3.65 overall GPA, and about a 3.60 Pre-Req GPA. I will be racking up my observation hours this summer in 2 in-patient settings and an outpatient setting. I am apart of 2 honor societies, have held a part-time job for 5 years now, volunteered at places around my school and did intramural sports. I am taking my GRE this summer before I apply, so I am hoping for a high score to make my resume better. I am wondering what my chances are for the schools I listed above or any chance at all of getting accepted to PT school. Thank you!!

Hi there. I don’t think you’ll have any problem getting in to pt school. I applied to 10 schools this cycle. I’ve had 5 offers, 2 waitlisted, 1 rejection, and I’m still waiting on 2 schools. We have around the same gpa. I have a 3.73. Get those hours cause most schools like to see at least two different settings. I did outpatient, inpatient, hippo therapy, and I am a tech as well. And the rest of everything else you’ve said sounds very strong with your work/life experiences. Good luck on your GRE! As far as the schools that you’ve listed above the only one I applied to was Scranton and I still have not heard back from them so I don’t really know your chances of getting into any of those programs specifically plus each cycle is different. But I really don’t think you’ll have a problem with getting into school...just don’t get frustrated cause you could get a few wait lists before you get accepted anywhere or you could just get lucky. Let me know if you have any more questions

Anyone here got accepted to aic for the class of 2021 DPT?

If anyone did get accepted. Message me if your interested in finding a housing situation as I'm moving from Jersey.

Hi there. Did you apply to aic this cycle?
I have an overall 3.73 gpa I think my pre-requisites for aic was a 3.77 if I remember correctly. I have about 220 outpatient hours (split between three places), 140 inpatient, 15 hippo, 800+ as a physical therapy tech. What else would you like to know?

Thanks thats awesome! I actually didn't apply to aic, will u be going there?

Thanks thats awesome! I actually didn't apply to aic, will u be going there?

Where did you decide to apply or are you planning on applying in the future? And no I will not be attending AIC. It’s a great school though

Hey I was wondering if anyone had some advice about getting in this cycle. I applied to 7 programs last cycle and got 7 no’s. I just graduated and improved my gpa from last year (I applied with a cGPA of 3.18 last cycle..) and gre( from: 153V 148Q, and 4W). What type of programs should I focus on? I’ve been looking for schools that value pre-req and last 60hrs over cumulative gpa. I really just want to get into school but if I could get into a program that didn’t bury me in debt that would be nice. Any advice would be appreciated!

Undergrad: Southern Virginia University
Major:Biochemistry
Minor:Chemistry
cGPA: 3.36..
Pre-reqGPA: 3.56
Last 60hrs: 3.59
GRE: V161 Q155, W4.5
PT hours: 150 outpatient, 45 inpatient/nursing home, 50 VA hospital
Currently looking for aide job over summer to get more hours before applications open again.

Extracurricular: 2 sport D3 athlete, 2 year vouluntary service mission, student government, 100 medical clinic volunteer hours, pre-health club vp..

Rejections: VCU, Radford, ODU, WVU, Hampton, Texas Tech, CU.

Last edited:
I was waitlisted to AIC last week. I am declining the waitlist spot though! Good luck to those still waiting!

I applied to Stony, Touro and NYU with similar stats to you and got into all three.
My GRE 148v 155q cGPA: 3.68 sGPA: 3.7
You will probably get interviews for sure, and from there it just depends on how you do on that.

Hey I was wondering if anyone had some advice about getting in this cycle. I applied to 7 programs last cycle and got 7 no’s. I just graduated and improved my gpa from last year (I applied with a cGPA of 3.18 last cycle..) and gre( from: 153V 148Q, and 4W). What type of programs should I focus on? I’ve been looking for schools that value pre-req and last 60hrs over cumulative gpa. I really just want to get into school but if I could get into a program that didn’t bury me in debt that would be nice. Any advice would be appreciated!

Undergrad: Southern Virginia University
Major:Biochemistry
Minor:Chemistry
cGPA: 3.36..
Pre-reqGPA: 3.56
Last 60hrs: 3.59
GRE: V161 Q155, W4.5
PT hours: 150 outpatient, 45 inpatient/nursing home, 50 VA hospital
Currently looking for aide job over summer to get more hours before applications open again.

Extracurricular: 2 sport D3 athlete, 2 year vouluntary service mission, student government, 100 medical clinic volunteer hours, pre-health club vp..

Rejections: VCU, Radford, ODU, WVU, Hampton, Texas Tech, CU.
I would say smaller private schools

Has anybody been waitlisted or currently accepted from the waitlist. I was put on Tier 2 and am getting worried.