-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
DPT and Track and field
Started by yaadboy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
If i go to DPT school will i still have time to train for track and field? Training is usually three hours every evening .
No, definitely not.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oh alright is there any specific reason why it is not possible?
Specific reason? I'm not in PT school yet but from what I gathered from people who are.. the day starts at 8am - 4/5pm. After, I'm sure you want to rest/eat which may last to 5:30-6. Then after you need to study the materials, I heard people roughly spend 3 hours of studying. You also wanna sleep in early to be refreshed.
People are going to say its not recommended because there is so much information and it takes time to digest and memorize the info. I believe someone said it the best, " PT school is like a water hose going full blast into your mouth" (haha I but butchered that quote). But you get idea. PT school is a full time job and you really don't have time for yourself. It be hard to add an extra 3 hours to your pact schedule. I would not recommend it.
Are you talking about collegiate track and field or something else? During a 3+3 program or no? A little more info would help give better feedback.
yes its collegiate track and field and im talking about during a 3 year program
Did you mean 3+3? So essentially you are talking about competing during 3 years of undergrad and 1 professional year? If that's the case, then the only hiccup may be in your fourth year. I worked more than 15 hrs/wk during my first professional year, but other people consider that crazy, so it really becomes a personal thing. How much study time, down time, and sleep varies too much to say that it's flat out possible or impossible.
If i go to DPT school will i still have time to train for track and field? Training is usually three hours every evening .
It really depends on you and how well you do at time management and how quickly you learn and integrate new information. It also depends upon how well you were prepared before starting. An athletic training major would do fine. Probably a physiology major would as well.
I know classmates that spent 3 hours in a bar 3 nights a week and did fine. I also know classmates who studied 4 hours 7 days per week and struggled.
So how many hours per day did you workDid you mean 3+3? So essentially you are talking about competing during 3 years of undergrad and 1 professional year? If that's the case, then the only hiccup may be in your fourth year. I worked more than 15 hrs/wk during my first professional year, but other people consider that crazy, so it really becomes a personal thing. How much study time, down time, and sleep varies too much to say that it's flat out possible or impossible.
I don't understand - you're going to be on a collegiate track team while in graduate school? Or, you're currently not yet in undergrad and want to know if you can get do well enough in undergrad (while being on the track team) to be a competitive PT school applicant? Or do neither of these describe your situation?
I am going to be on a collegiate track team while in DPT school.I don't understand - you're going to be on a collegiate track team while in graduate school? Or, you're currently not yet in undergrad and want to know if you can get do well enough in undergrad (while being on the track team) to be a competitive PT school applicant? Or do neither of these describe your situation?
I am going to be on a collegiate track team while in DPT school.
The primary issue I see is that your track practice schedule is probably "set in stone." A friend of mine was a scholarship track athlete in undergrad, and his practice was always at 3:30PM. That won't fit with most of your PT school semesters. If your track coach is flexible about when you train, then it might work, because I think it is highly unlikely that your PT school faculty will be.
yea i can train at 5. i just want to know if i can train for like 3 hours and still have enough time to keep up with my school workThe primary issue I see is that your track practice schedule is probably "set in stone." A friend of mine was a scholarship track athlete in undergrad, and his practice was always at 3:30PM. That won't fit with most of your PT school semesters. If your track coach is flexible about when you train, then it might work, because I think it is highly unlikely that your PT school faculty will be.
So are you planning on going to medical school and physical therapy school at the same time?
Because you asked the exact same question in the allopathic thread saying that you want to go to med school...
I'm calling it. Troll
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Because you asked the exact same question in the allopathic thread saying that you want to go to med school...
I'm calling it. Troll
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
after i do the dpt ima do the Medical school. duhhSo are you planning on going to medical school and physical therapy school at the same time?
Because you asked the exact same question in the allopathic thread saying that you want to go to med school...
I'm calling it. Troll
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
so you plan on running collegiate track for more than 7 years?
yea ima train with a collegiate coachso you plan on running collegiate track for more than 7 years?
Nope, and he's making other pointless threads too
