DPT Applicant Seeking Advice...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SPointer2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody! I'm brand new to the forum and I'm looking for some advice from current DPT students or anyone who has already applied for PT school about how I look as an applicant. My stats are:

Overall GPA - 3.42
Pre-req GPA - 3.43
GRE - 520 V, 620 Q, Still waiting on analytical (just took it last week)

Hours - ~45 split amongst various clinical and pediatric settings
Extras - Health Science club, Wisconsin Camps club, residence hall government, Special Olympics volunteer.

I plan on applying to the following schools:
U of Washington
NYU
Columbia
UC-Denver
Boston U

....and maybe one or two more, but those are my top schools. If anybody has any advice about admissions or if I could strengthen my application in anyway, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Try getting some more experience. I remember the minimum for some of the schools in California being 80-120. I'm not sure if it's the same for the schools you're applying to. Plus, your GPA and GRE stats are pretty strong so getting more hours would be the easiest way to strengthen your application.

I'm looking to put in a few more hours, preferably in a hospital setting, before applying. Is there anybody from one of the programs I'm applying to (or any other for that matter) that can see any glaring weaknesses in my app.?