DPT Early Decision 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

artj

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just applied ED to Duke's DPT program :happy: I got an email saying I will find out if I am offered an interview within a few weeks :xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf: Hoping for the best!

Anyone else applying early decision for PT school?!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
University of Delaware is a great program. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Artj, I didn't apply ED, but planning to apply to Duke soon. Just curious, did you do the supplemental essays? I saw they were optional, but am figuring they are recommended?

Artj, I didn't apply ED, but planning to apply to Duke soon. Just curious, did you do the supplemental essays? I saw they were optional, but am figuring they are recommended?
wfugrad, yes I did do the supplemental essays. FYI, only one is optional (the one that asks if there is anything your application did not cover). All of the other supplemental essays are required.
Good luck!

Did anyone that applied ED hear any news about the status of their application yet?? I know it is still early.. But my anxiety is already through the roof.

I'm with you there. I've applied early decision and am making myself paranoid that my application is lost in cyberspace somewhere. I know it's not, but I'm sure anxious to hear back. I haven't heard a thing.

Quick question guys: I applied really early, like at the same time as ED applicants but as a general applicant. Do they interview the ED applicants first and then regular applicants or do they just process ED applications first but interview people on a rolling admission basis?

It might vary on school, but I wouldn't expect them to look at your application or interview you until after they finish the ED people.

Reactions: 1 user
I know someone who has an interview for university of north georgia in 1.5 weeks. She found out last week and she's been killing me with all these interview questions she has. She applied ED there so...

I know someone who has an interview for university of north georgia in 1.5 weeks. She found out last week and she's been killing me with all these interview questions she has. She applied ED there so...
I also have an interview for university of north ga in a couple of weeks, but I didn't apply ED. So I'm not sure if they invite ED applicants first then invite applicants based on a rolling admissions or what.

Did anyone that applied ED hear any news about the status of their application yet?? I know it is still early.. But my anxiety is already through the roof.

I submitted my ED application August 14, and received an email from ptcas August 20 saying my application was processed and would be mailed out in the next weekly mailing, which was today August 26. If you were asking about the status of your application once it has reached your school, my best advice is to email them and ask. Most schools are more than happy to update you, or at least mine is.

Quick question guys: I applied really early, like at the same time as ED applicants but as a general applicant. Do they interview the ED applicants first and then regular applicants or do they just process ED applications first but interview people on a rolling admission basis?

Same thing has happened to me. I didn't apply ED but I think since I applied so early I'm getting grouped into those interviews since they had space open. My interview in September 11 with university of Maryland eastern shore

I received my interview invitation for Duke today!! :soexcited:

Artj, we have the exact same GPA haha. I applied to Oakland University, a smaller school in Southeast Michigan. I'll be applying to Duke if I get a rejection for ED from OU, though. I think you have a really good shot, best of luck!

Applied and accepted to Virginia Commonwealth University via early decision. So pumped for the upcoming school year! Would love to hear others who were accepted as well.

Applied and accepted to Virginia Commonwealth University via early decision. So pumped for the upcoming school year! Would love to hear others who were accepted as well.

Congratulations!! Did VCU interview as part of the admissions process? I'm getting ready for my interview at Duke and I must say I'm a little anxious!

That's awesome. I applied to Duke for regular admissions, I'm wondering if I will get an invite. I'd enjoy just coming and checking out the campus as I am relatively close by in SC.
Congratulations!! Did VCU interview as part of the admissions process? I'm getting ready for my interview at Duke and I must say I'm a little anxious!

Thank you! There was no interview process for VCU, which apparently is somewhat uncommon. I don't mind though, saves me some anxiety. Good luck on your duke interview!