DPT fafsa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JenDPT2024

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I am attending DPT school in summer or fall of 2021, when am I supposed to start my fafsa application? I’ve only gotten an acceptance to Touro and a waitlist on my top school. On Touro’s website it says to start my application in October, but wouldn’t that be too late? I also want to check potential financial aid for the other programs I applied to as well. Is it too early to start my fafsa application now? Also do people apply for TAP too?

Members don't see this ad.

Submit your FAFSA. I did about a month ago. They allow you to add up to 10 potential schools (so you don’t have to add only schools you were accepted into).

Reactions: 1 user
If I am attending DPT school in summer or fall of 2021, when am I supposed to start my fafsa application? I’ve only gotten an acceptance to Touro and a waitlist on my top school. On Touro’s website it says to start my application in October, but wouldn’t that be too late? I also want to check potential financial aid for the other programs I applied to as well. Is it too early to start my fafsa application now? Also do people apply for TAP too?
Hi! it means October of this year so two months ago but you’re good to submit it up until June but the sooner you do it the better :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told to do it as soon as you can!

Hi! it means October of this year so two months ago but you’re good to submit it up until June but the sooner you do it the better :)
OH lol how did I not realize that 😂 thanks

Would adding parental information make a difference?

Would adding parental information make a difference?
I heard since it’s doctorate school, you have to file independent? But the way I see it is if you aren’t living at home/getting more than 1/2 assistance from your parents then you should file independent. I did independent bc I’ll be living in my own and paying my own tuition without help from my parents. I hope that makes sense and helps!

I heard since it’s doctorate school, you have to file independent? But the way I see it is if you aren’t living at home/getting more than 1/2 assistance from your parents then you should file independent. I did independent bc I’ll be living in my own and paying my own tuition without help from my parents. I hope that makes sense and helps!
I’m filling out the application rn and it doesn’t allow me to adjust household size so I’m just automatically set as independent lol 🤷🏻‍♀️ Thanks anyways!