DPT Health Insurance

Started by Agent007
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Agent007

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! I figured I will throw this out there, maybe there are people in my situation.
I don't have health insurance at all and haven't had any because I refuse to pay the outrageous amounts per month. For school we are required to have coverage. The regular insurance enrollment is already closed. Have anyone signed up for short term plans and/or have any issues with it? My program admin said we can have any type of insurance as long as it is health insurance. Any thoughts on this?
 
Out of curiosity, how much is the "outrageous amount"? Schools usually get a pretty good deal from insurance companies because the insured pool is large, young and thus relatively healthy. If I remember right, while in school I paid about $120/mo for a policy that covered just about everything. I doubt you'll find short-term plans that are less expensive.
 
Out of curiosity, how much is the "outrageous amount"? Schools usually get a pretty good deal from insurance companies because the insured pool is large, young and thus relatively healthy. If I remember right, while in school I paid about $120/mo for a policy that covered just about everything. I doubt you'll find short-term plans that are less expensive.
Well, my school wants 300/mo for insurance. I found short term plans online for under 100! They cover 300 months at a time.