DPT program application numbers 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DiplomatDPT

DiplomatDPT
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have seen threads from other fields discussing the number of applicants in their respective programs, but I am having a hard time finding data on how many people are applying for DPT programs starting in 2009. Where can I look?

Additionally, is there any data out there regarding how many applicants applied and how many were accepted for the 2008 DPT programs?

Just looking for programs in the US. Particularly in Colorado.

Members don't see this ad.

The PTCAS site will give you class size and percent accepted for most of the PTCAS schools here: http://www.ptcas.org/DirectoryByName.html

There are only two programs in Colorado. University of Colorado Denver doesn't list numbers on their site (that I could find), but PTCAS reports percentages. Regis's site reports receiving 450 applications last year, interviewing 160, and accepting between 48 and 60. Keep in mind that these numbers vary a lot between schools though.

Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for! I appreciate the help.

Members don't see this ad :)
I want to say that CU accept 65 students every year (no clue on the application pool) but their tuition is so expensive you may want to think twice about going there anyway.

Having graduated from Regis with a DPT, I can tell you CU (actually UCHSC) was much less expensive. While both schools have a great reputation, I have no regrets even with my student loans.