DPT Program Financial Aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dptatusc

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am currently applying to DPT programs (2020-2021 application cycle) and I'm trying to navigate through not only different programs, but also how on Earth I will be paying for the programs. I have debt from undergrad, and I'm trying to look at all of my options. I was accepted to a top school, but it is the most expensive of all of the schools I've applied to. It would be a shame to turn it down based solely on finances, but I'm having trouble figuring out ways to get non-loan financial aid. I'm anticipating taking out more student loans, but I was wondering if anyone has any insight or experience in this department. Has anyone been offered any financial aid before deposits are due? I feel like this would be a pertinent part of my DPT program selection. Thanks! Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

I was always advised to go to the cheapest DPT program that you are accepted to because they are all accredited. A DPT is a DPT.

Reactions: 2 users
I would assume financial aid only comes through once you’ve committed to a program, but I could be wrong.

Definitely weigh the pros and cons between that top school and other schools. Is the price worth whatever extra pros there are? Do you benefit significantly more from that top school compared to others?

Or if you really just want to go there, check up up on their scholarship options, work study availability, and any other ways to cut costs. I know one program has a graduate resident assistant position that offers graduate students a free room and meals.

I was offered a merit based scholarship to one program in my admissions letter. It is still my most expensive option but I am now planning to attend. I spoke with a few alumni who told me about their experiences finding jobs after graduation and the opportunities and connections they had which contributed to my decision. I already have a lot of loans from undergrad and if you had asked me this summer what my plans were, it was to go to the cheapest school. After reflecting on it and actually receiving acceptances, I think in the long run being able to get a job wherever life leads me will be worth it and I will hopefully work at a nonprofit post grad for eventual loan forgiveness which makes me feel a lot better about my decision. Not being able to visit schools made it very difficult for me so speaking to current and past students I know about their decisions and why or why not they chose different programs contributed significantly to my choice.

Reactions: 1 user