DPT Program In DC, Can I Sit for VA Boards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cam1992

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I don't know a ton about the NPTE yet, but am looking into GW's DPT program in D.C. and wanted to make sure that completing my program in D.C. and taking my boards in Virginia won't be a problem, or make the boards any more complicated than they need to be! Does anyone have any insight into this?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm only responding because I want to hear responses from other people. I don't really know.. that being said, I'm pretty sure that the boards don't change from state to state. The challenge to switching your license from state to state is just bureaucratic hoops to jump through. Probably a pain in the moment, but I don't think its so bad that it should be a barrier to choosing the school you want to go to.

Reactions: 1 user
I'll be honest, I don't know a ton about the NPTE yet, but am looking into GW's DPT program in D.C. and wanted to make sure that completing my program in D.C. and taking my boards in Virginia won't be a problem, or make the boards any more complicated than they need to be! Does anyone have any insight into this?

There shouldn't be any problem as long as you fulfill whatever requirements in the state you wish to be licensed in.

Reactions: 1 user