DPT Prospective Student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1057601

Hey everyone, I'm trying to decide on which career path I'm wanting to do. I just graduated with my B.S. in psychology, and will be taking a gap year. My mom works in a nursing home, and the PT told her the field is becoming saturated. Is this true? I want to make sure that I have accurate information.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there ! I'm a Pre-PT going back for pre reqs, but have found myself stopping short of committing. There does seem to be a lot of talk that the market is saturated, pay is stagnant, and PTs are coming out of school with bad ratio of loan: pay. I think the profession is currently on a downhill trajectory, BUT there will be an upswing. But my biggest advice is to sit down and look at what professions/careers fit you best. And be smart, compare how much it costs to go to school with how much you can potentially be making. For example some people graduate PT school with 100k loans, but then come out making 60-70k as a new grad, thats not quite a good return on investment.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey there ! I'm a Pre-PT going back for pre reqs, but have found myself stopping short of committing. There does seem to be a lot of talk that the market is saturated, pay is stagnant, and PTs are coming out of school with bad ratio of loan: pay. I think the profession is currently on a downhill trajectory, BUT there will be an upswing. But my biggest advice is to sit down and look at what professions/careers fit you best. And be smart, compare how much it costs to go to school with how much you can potentially be making. For example some people graduate PT school with 100k loans, but then come out making 60-70k as a new grad, thats not quite a good return on investment.

Thank you so much for the advice!