DPT school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Readybetty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do I need a BS degree to be accepted into Physical Therapy school? Because I would like to get my Bachelor in Fine Arts and then going to Physical Therapy school

Members don't see this ad.

No BS needed, you just need to have taken the science pre-reqs. Make sure to check the schools that you're considering applying to, because many have slightly different requirements (Some want O chem, some don't, some want Calc, some don't, etc, etc).

All of the schools in CA, if I am not mistaken require a Bachelors Degree. The schools don't care what you have it in, just as long as you do well in the Pre-Req, GRE, and have some experience (work/volunteer).

I would advise you obtain your B.A. or B.S. before attending graduate school. Just so you know what is to be expected and if you can handle the course load.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
All of the schools in CA, if I am not mistaken require a Bachelors Degree. The schools don't care what you have it in, just as long as you do well in the Pre-
Req, GRE, and have some experience (work/volunteer).

I would advise you obtain your B.A. or B.S. before attended graduate school. Just so you know what is to be expected and if you can handle the course load.
I agree! Most PT programs in the US require a Bachelor's Degree.

Yeah A Bachelors degree IT is required for any (MPT or DPT) but maybe wha bipennate meant is that there is not an specific degree needed and that's why you have to check that you've taken the requirements needed by the schools you want to apply

Yeah A Bachelors degree IT is required for any (MPT or DPT) but maybe wha bipennate meant is that there is not an specific degree needed and that's why you have to check that you've taken the requirements needed by the schools you want to apply
This.

The OP asked about a BS, not a bachelors. I was answering her specific question about a BS. The question was not about whether you need a college degree (that was understood), just what kind of degree.

MOST US schools require a bachelors of Science (BS) or a Bachelors of Arts (BA) degree before entering a PT program. I think by 2010 or 2011, ALL PT programs will require you to have a BA or BS before entering a PT program.