DPT Schools that allow retakes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

youngandambitious1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows schools that offer grade replacements for entrance into the DPT programs. Also, I took many additional science courses and was wondering if they would count towards the pre-req GPA or not. For instance, organic chemistry 1 and 2. Thank you for your time and sorry if these questions seem silly.

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if anyone knows schools that offer grade replacements for entrance into the DPT programs. Also, I took many additional science courses and was wondering if they would count towards the pre-req GPA or not. For instance, organic chemistry 1 and 2. Thank you for your time and sorry if these questions seem silly.

I don't have time to go through every program and give you a list of those that do. If you're looking at all programs, go to the PTCAS website and start making a list. Otherwise just check your specific program websites and you'll find your answers.

For your second question - it depends on the program. For the majority of the programs I've seen though, the answer is no.

Alot of the Texas school's take the higher grade of retakes such as Angelo State and Texas Women University

The University of Mary PT program in Bismarck, ND will accept replacements for up to two classes. We will also accept higher level equivalents of prerequisite classes, which does not count as a replacement. So if your organic chem grades are A's, and your general chem grades are B's, we would accept your organic chem grades, and it would not count against your two allowable replacements. We see this mostly with chemistry classes and biology classes, but not that often with physics, anatomy and physiology, abnormal psychology, and lifespan/developmental psychology.

Reactions: 1 user