DPT tips/tricks/advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DptDptDpt

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I am beyond excited to be starting school this May but I am also finding myself scouring the internet for advice and dpt survival tips. Being the type-a person that I'm sure most of us are I would love to know if anyone has some tips/tricks/advice! For instance, I read somewhere about putting together a PT Bible consisting of each joint throughout your classes. I would love for this thread to be a place where people can share what has worked for them!

All advice is welcome and greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Oooh! I love this thread idea! I'm hopping in so I can get notifications as posts come in.

Congrats on getting into a program! I am also starting in May - which school are you starting at?!

Hello Everyone!

I am beyond excited to be starting school this May but I am also finding myself scouring the internet for advice and dpt survival tips. Being the type-a person that I'm sure most of us are I would love to know if anyone has some tips/tricks/advice! For instance, I read somewhere about putting together a PT Bible consisting of each joint throughout your classes. I would love for this thread to be a place where people can share what has worked for them!

All advice is welcome and greatly appreciated. Thank you :)
Congrats!
I'm in my third year. My best advice....learn how to take care of yourself.
School is extremely stressful and busy, so make sure you have a SOLID exercise/food prep/sleep schedule. If you normally spend hours and hours cooking and working out, start looking at how you can efficiently streamline those things. If you aren't doing them at all, I'd start figuring it out. Sitting all day in a classroom wrecks havoc on your back and you'll need a stress outlet, so start exercising now. Eating takeout is expensive, so learn how to do some simple food prep so you have healthy, fast grab & go food all week. If you already don't sleep well/keep odd hours/don't sleep enough, I'd try to to get that under control now because being sleep-deprived in school is awful.
Does your cohort or school have some sort of social group, maybe on Facebook? Can't hurt to start getting to know your classmates, especially if you will be looking for roommates.
I didn't do, and don't do, anything special with notes organization such as the bible you mentioned. Not sure if it would help...you'll learn and absorb information and sort of build an internal bible, but maybe someone who has done such a thing can chime in...
Honestly, try to relax! Life is about to get VERY busy!

Reactions: 1 user