DPT wardrobe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UFballerinaDPT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do usual DPT students wear to class? Do you normally wear running shorts/yoga pants and t-shirts or are do you dress " professionally" for class? Some classes are lab related, but for normal lecture what is the protocol? Do students wear flip-flops to lecture? Trying to plan ahead for the coming year so it isn't a big expense all at once... :)

Members don't see this ad.

I think it depends on the school. One school where I interviewed expects its students to wear "business casual" attire for lectures. Another school didn't care at all. I hope mine falls in the 2nd category!

Members don't see this ad :)
At my school, casual/gym/lounge wear was the norm, unless we we had a guest lecturer. During those times, business casual was expected. As soon as the lecture was over, we quickly changed. If we were going be in sitting in class all day, we were damn sure going to be comfortable. lol

Business casual at Saint Augustine, at least at the Florida campus.

Kevin

Wow, never even thought of this question! Good one!

What do usual DPT students wear to class? Do you normally wear running shorts/yoga pants and t-shirts or are do you dress " professionally" for class? Some classes are lab related, but for normal lecture what is the protocol? Do students wear flip-flops to lecture? Trying to plan ahead for the coming year so it isn't a big expense all at once... :)

I know at APU they where sweatpants/work out clothes during lecture, big reason why I'm want to go there ;)

We usually just wear running shorts and shirts normally, even in regular lecture. Especially if it's lab day, then we wear bikinis or sport bras (for girls) and shorts (as short as we have them) and no shirts for guys. lol.

If there's a guest lecturer coming, then we wear business casual, polo shirt (usually our TWU polos) and slacks. =]

I will be attending RU this Summer and we are required to wear business attire unless we are having a lab and if that is the case it is gym wear. Pretty much no jeans!! :) It was a shock to me but I think it's a great introduction to what we will be dealing with after graduation!