PT2009

10+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2008
Status (Visible)
Hi! has any 1 heard of the weekend format of DPT classes. A few schools have this format where classes are offered on every FRI, SAT, & SUN..not on weekdays.
Is it good/bad??

Bobby Nabeyama

Just DPT, not the other
10+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2008
Queens, New York
Status (Visible)
  1. DPT / OTD
Mercy and Dominican College are in New York. I've looked at their curriculums pretty thoroughly. They are very convenient for those who work or have family obligations and need reduced demands of school.

SuperKirby

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Physical Therapist
i hear its basically the same thing as a regular PT program, except: you only take 12 credit hours per trimester, but it is spread out to 3 and a half years instead of the usual 3 years.

good for people with jobs, familes, or students who needs EXTRA time studying because taking 18 hours a semester is too much. However, if you're smart enough to get into a PT program, 18 hours a semester shouldn't be a problem.

LIU brooklyn i think has a 5 year program that only requires 9 credits per semester. That way you can relax during your school years, and enjoy new york city while you're at it, lol.

About the Ads

futureDPT

10+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. DPT / OTD
Did you apply to any weekend program, I might be going to one that has a weekend program.

ptdream

10+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
dominican has weekend prog.
i got accepted there...but not going
weekend prog. tht alternate weekend

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.