Dr. Collins Bio practice tests :S ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Futbol99

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, Me again and doing some reflections.

I've just finished over half of the Bio Dr.Collins tests, my exam is exactly next week. How did you find them compared to the real thing?
So far I am doing them, and I just don't believe these are remotely close representation. I find the questions very easy, and only touch the surface of most topics. Heavy memorization. I've been doing the 48 questions in ~20 mins, and score High 80+ to 90's. (My only mistakes comes from photosynthesis/fungi/ecology questions that I refuse to go over just yet lol). - on that topic, I don't think plant stuff is tested on the PCAT now correct?

- Im also finding Chem to be on the easier side too and those Ive scored consistent 90s so far...

-Anyways, just trying to make sure I am not wasting time and gaining confidence and get destroyed next week, and if there are other better methods to prep for my last week like tips on memorizing key things, and focusing on some high yield stuff I would APPRECIATE it.
Please help me! I am going to buy 2 Pearson tests to do them this weekend/start of next week.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, Me again and doing some reflections.

I've just finished over half of the Bio Dr.Collins tests, my exam is exactly next week. How did you find them compared to the real thing?
So far I am doing them, and I just don't believe these are remotely close representation. I find the questions very easy, and only touch the surface of most topics. Heavy memorization. I've been doing the 48 questions in ~20 mins, and score High 80+ to 90's. (My only mistakes comes from photosynthesis/fungi/ecology questions that I refuse to go over just yet lol). - on that topic, I don't think plant stuff is tested on the PCAT now correct?

- Im also finding Chem to be on the easier side too and those Ive scored consistent 90s so far...

-Anyways, just trying to make sure I am not wasting time and gaining confidence and get destroyed next week, and if there are other better methods to prep for my last week like tips on memorizing key things, and focusing on some high yield stuff I would APPRECIATE it.
Please help me! I am going to buy 2 Pearson tests to do them this weekend/start of next week.

Thanks
I took the PCAT on the 4th! I got 89 on bio. I only used Dr collins practice exams and Kaplan book! Yes, studyyyyyyy them you will get knowledge! Study diseases like x-linked diseases!

Reactions: 1 user
Most of the PCAT represents surface topics, but they do throw in like 5-7 questions that are randomly detailed. Dr Collins prepares you for a competitive score, but the best representation of the actual score is Pearson's Practice Exam #4.

Reactions: 1 user
I took the PCAT on the 4th! I got 89 on bio. I only used Dr collins practice exams and Kaplan book! Yes, studyyyyyyy them you will get knowledge! Study diseases like x-linked diseases!
I have 2 tests left for Bio and I definitely am getting hit on questions about diseases and some of the bacterial diseases names etc. that are stopping me from 90+ on the Dr. Collins ones. How did you study for those to make sure you have them memorized?
Also on that topic, I am finding the rest very straight forward, and feel like even the physiology portion is very light on here. You would say that Dr. Collins questions are similar? Like sort of you either know it or not type of questions?
I also used Kaplan and Dr. Collins solely so far, so that is very encouraging. I bout Pearson 2 and 4, and will do them this week as I write Thursday.