Dr. Collins Bio

Started by ionou
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ionou

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got the Dr. Collins package and I thought that the bio section was very short when compared to the Kaplan. Will it be sufficient just to study the Dr. Collins or is it necessary to use Kaplan for a score >90?
 
I agree with Piston. I have Collins and its def a good idea to go over the Kaplan bio if you can. Although Kaplan Bio is a bit overkill, its still the best prep IMHO.
 
I agree with AMP11- Collins is not enough..for ANY of the topics.. I just took the PCAT this june.. and only looked at collins.. and that DID NOT HELP!!!! I think the ?'s are good practice.. and some of the ?'s were similar as collins.. BUT, don't only study collins.. i say listen to AMP11 and study from KAPLAN BIO and CHM.. KAPLAN goes too deep but its better to be over prepared then under prepared.. (that's what happend with me.. UNDER!!!!)!!! AAAAAHHHH!!!! But, there's always NEX TIME!!! AUG 27th!!!!
 
Last edited:
For those of you who own the Dr. Collins self study guide and took the Jun PCAT: do you think that the collins bio study guide and practice exams prepared you well for the exam? Right now I am using Dr. Collins, Pearson, Kaplan, Cliff Notes and Barron's to study for the bio section on the August PCAT. Do you guys think that I am studying the right materials?