Dr. Collins: Class vs. Study guide?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

1TB4RKSB4CK

wussup doge
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Since I live near where his class is located and I plan on taking the PCAT next year, I was wondering if anybody has taken the class and how does it compare in terms of other PCAT classes. Also, is its worth taking the class or is it sufficient to just have the study guide?
 
Isn't there only a small difference in fees between taking the classes or just ordering the material? I'd consider how disciplined you are. Classes will at least force you to study the materials and you may gain more knowledge just sitting in class. It'll also make you stay on top of things while you can start to procrastinate if you just order the materials. However, if you KNOW you're the type to study daily and can pace yourself, then you probably don't really need classes to keep you in line.
 
Yeah the class is around 500 dollars though.
They would meet every Saturday for about a month and a half or so and end a couple of weeks before the PCAT.
He also teaches at the school I attend. Maybe I should take him for Gen Chem 2 next semester.