Dr Collins Class

Started by 3434
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

3434

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it helpful? I live in California and I am thinking about buying his course material. I was reading through SDN and there is very scarce info about this material. So, What do you guys think?

PS: I just took the august PCAT and I will never use Kaplan materials for anything anymore =(
 
Whenever I read another post about Dr. Collins especially from a new member with one post so far. I get this feeling that its an advertisement, just like the PM's that most people got about the course. Sure we talk about Kaplan here but Kaplan is a huge company, I doubt that they would send someone here to secretly advertise besides that I've been bashing them for the past month since I finished their classroom course.

As for the Collins material, you'll hear that they are great, amazing, whatever, just like some people prefer Kaplan, Cliffs, pcatprofessor, Arco, etc. etc.

Just PM the person about the course because advertisers should pay a fee to sdn.net
 
Wow ... Thats really unfair!! 😡

I just took the August PCAT and most of the material I studied were misleading. PCAT Professor was the closest to the material on the PCAT, but still, it was not close enough! I already registered for the October PCAT and I would like to maximize my studying with the right material.

We all started at post 1! No reason to be rude and accuse me of advertising on SDN!! I wonder if you guys would have acted the same way if I asked about Kaplan and PCAT Professor??? The reason I didnt ask about them is because I used them and know for myself. Plus, there are alot of info about them in this forum anyway!! PEOPLE TEND TO ASK ABOUT WHAT THEY DONT KNOW AND THERE IS NOT ALOT OF INFO OUT THERE ABOUT DR COLLINS CLASS!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alright, fair enough. The reason I'm suspect about people posting is that I've been on this fourm for a couple of months. And every once in awhile people who have not been on the forum for long, post how great the course was and then disappear. And usually those people are those with new accounts and few other posts besides being about the Collins course. Then there was the incident with someone sending PM's about how great the course is, which obviously was blantant advertising, etc.

The Collins course is great that's the impression I get from reading all the posts about it. Go buy the material, it costs $310 by paypal if you got the cash.

If someone has good info, just PM the original poster PRIVATELY about what you know because we're going to see a couple of posts where people say especially new folks about how great the material is etc. etc. Then people will order the material and then there is one very rich man with a big paypal account in Florida.:laugh:



Just to recap future posts.

"Oh yeah, I scored 25 on the pcat the first time, then I ordered the course and now I scored 110, I did so great that they gave extra credit on the PCAT. I thought the $310 was expensive but it was well worth the cost"

The above will be a future post by a new member that will post soon. I'm psychic. 🙂
 
So, no one really knows much about that class and if they do, it is mostly adverisement!

BTW, how could it be an ad if I am asking about it? I didnt say it was good or bad; I was just asking about it!! Plus, moolman, from your other posts, I noticed that you completely agree with me about the Kaplan material and how there is a disconnect between the material and the actual PCAT!

Just take it easy on the newbie next time 😳
 
haha.. well fair enough 3434. I was waiting for future posts. The scam goes like this, one person posts about how the course is, then later on you get a couple of posts responding on how great the course is, then eager students send their money.

Obviously, I'm not saying that the course is bad or good. I'm neutral on it but my SPAMdar went up because very, very often new folks will all of a sudden interject about the course out of nowhere in a couple of posts.

Good luck on quest. I'm studying for the Oct PCAT too.
 
3434, Dr. Collins materials are really helpful. I have a 3.8 GPA and 58 and 52 percentile for the oct, 2006 and jan 2007 pcat repectively using kaplan and barons. I was refused admission for this year though i had two interviews. I therefore decided to bet my money on the collins course when i friend tole me about it and it was really helpful for me for the august pcat. I will rather waste $300 than get rejected into pharmacy sch for the 2nd time.
 
3434, Dr. Collins materials are really helpful. I have a 3.8 GPA and 58 and 52 percentile for the oct, 2006 and jan 2007 pcat repectively using kaplan and barons. I was refused admission for this year though i had two interviews. I therefore decided to bet my money on the collins course when i friend tole me about it and it was really helpful for me for the august pcat. I will rather waste $300 than get rejected into pharmacy sch for the 2nd time.

Can u tell me what school did u apply to and got rejected? My Gpa is 3.87.