Dr. Collins PCAT Prep Class

Started by spark0705
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

spark0705

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I finished PCAT last Saturday. I don't think I was good on the test and reailze that my Kaplan book was not helpful. So, I decided to take another one in January 2010 and try to find out a good study aid. I found Dr. Collins PCAT Prep class starting on December 2009 and the Self study guide. These are really helpful?? Especially, I need A LOT of help on Verbal Ability because English is my second language. Please let me know!!!

Thank you!
 
I'm an international student and I joined Kaplan's prep. It helped me a lot to science and math section but not too much on verbal and r/c section.
To improve the verbal I guess you should prepare for at least six months.
 
Dr. Collins' verbal part is extremely helpful. Actually I found a lot of similar questions in the Oct pcat exam.

Chemistry is good too. When I first started preparing for pcat, I got 24/48 right in the kaplan diagnostic exam. But after using Dr. Collins, i believe I can score above 90%.


Hi,

I finished PCAT last Saturday. I don't think I was good on the test and reailze that my Kaplan book was not helpful. So, I decided to take another one in January 2010 and try to find out a good study aid. I found Dr. Collins PCAT Prep class starting on December 2009 and the Self study guide. These are really helpful?? Especially, I need A LOT of help on Verbal Ability because English is my second language. Please let me know!!!

Thank you!
 
Hi,

I finished PCAT last Saturday. I don't think I was good on the test and reailze that my Kaplan book was not helpful. So, I decided to take another one in January 2010 and try to find out a good study aid. I found Dr. Collins PCAT Prep class starting on December 2009 and the Self study guide. These are really helpful?? Especially, I need A LOT of help on Verbal Ability because English is my second language. Please let me know!!!

Thank you!

I took the Saturday exam as well. I basically used Dr. Collins self study guide with Cliff's notes as supplements. I can't tell you precisely how helpful I found it to be....but I STRONGLY recommend. I came across it like 2 weeks before the exam (very very late). Only had 5 days to study with it before the exam...didn't finish my studies but I easily answered a lot of familiar questions.

If I had studied the package for about 1 month. I would have guaranteed myself an 85%+ composite. We'll see how the October scores go. I still recommend it as a very competitive alternate option to the Kaplan (if not better). Kaplan's prep course is only for the rich in hard times like this...besides, I've heard more CONs than PROs about Kaplan. The most popular PRO for Kaplan's textbooks is the Biology section (they overkilled it...and so will you on the PCAT, if you study it for the BIO section). Dr. Collins has A LOT of PROs...only CON I've rarely come across is the Reading section (which is not a CON for me). My only CON for Dr. Collins is no prep classes in other states other than Florida😎

But then again, which study material/method that best suits you depends on other key factors such as your learning abilities.

One last thing key hint, TAKE A LOT OF PRACTICE QUESTIONS -- ANYWHERE YOU FIND ONE & AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE -- TIME YOURSELF SIMILARLY TO THE PCAT TIMINGS👍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hahaha dr collin haven't learned from dr flynn warren. dr flynn got sued because he was providing questions to students from Naplex in 2007. i read about it on SDN last week and he was doing it for years.

do you see the irony?
 
Last edited: