Determined27

Pre-Pharmacy
10+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2008
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
So I have been seeing around how well this works, but could I get a few feedbacks from people who have actually had a good increase in their PCAT score by using this. I really really REALLY need help with my score and I am planning to take it in October again by using this material. Any other advice would be helpful, in terms of what PCAT material to use. Thank you!

helloeveryone

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2008
Status
Pharmacy Student
So I have been seeing around how well this works, but could I get a few feedbacks from people who have actually had a good increase in their PCAT score by using this. I really really REALLY need help with my score and I am planning to take it in October again by using this material. Any other advice would be helpful, in terms of what PCAT material to use. Thank you!
I have the same questions as well. Could someone also reflect on the hours and frequently of their studying. How long did it take you to go through all of Dr. Collin's material? How did you study it? How did your score change?

Moni526

Pharm D. Student
10+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2009
Status
Pharmacy Student
I know my score still sucks, but I took the Jan 09 PCAT with no kind of preparation and got an 18 and after taking Collins, I got a 49. SO the improvement was significant, but I will be taking the test again in October to improve my score obviously.

OP
D

Determined27

Pre-Pharmacy
10+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2008
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
gosh! thanks for being honest moni, now I know I'm not the only one! So Dr. Collins really did help you? I'm purchasing my packet from someone and I hope it comes to good use! I'm also taking my test in October to improve!

Science Girl

wanderer
10+ Year Member
May 28, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
where can I find it?
I tried to search the study guide in amazon but I couldn't find it

please any one knows?!

kidkay

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2008
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Umm, you can just google these words "collins pcat", the first link should be the website to obtain the guide....

where can I find it?
I tried to search the study guide in amazon but I couldn't find it

please any one knows?!

Science Girl

wanderer
10+ Year Member
May 28, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
which one is better in terms of reading section and composite section
dr collins study guide or MCAT ?

PharmTech8241

Accepted Pharmacy Student
Jun 29, 2009
Florida
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
www.pcatprepclass.com

MCAT EXAM krackers 101 passages are probably the best for reading comp...u can probably find it free online in a pdf file...google it...if not just pm me

Science Girl

wanderer
10+ Year Member
May 28, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
www.pcatprepclass.com

MCAT EXAM krackers 101 passages are probably the best for reading comp...u can probably find it free online in a pdf file...google it...if not just pm me
i found one in amazon and ebay.

i found pdf but i have to register with them and pay the membership fee!
can you please post the link where you find free pdf exam krackers?
thank you very much

Last edited:

DallasCowboys22

7+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Does anyone else find dr collins chem tests to be to easy?? I score very good on those but then i just took the practice test from kaplan 2010-2011 edition and did terrible..anyone else find that dr collins is to easy or is just that kaplan is harder than the real thing..

leolanoles

10+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2008
Status
Pharmacy Student
I actually paid for the Kaplan course, and I think the Kaplan tests are just a lot harder as far as the chemistry section goes. I think it is much more involved than the actual PCAT. I took the Kaplan final and made a 69 in chemistry. On the June PCAT I made a 95 in Chemistry.

DallasCowboys22

7+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2009
Status
Medical Student
I actually paid for the Kaplan course, and I think the Kaplan tests are just a lot harder as far as the chemistry section goes. I think it is much more involved than the actual PCAT. I took the Kaplan final and made a 69 in chemistry. On the June PCAT I made a 95 in Chemistry.
Thanks that makes me feel alot better