Dr. Collins PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ploqt54

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have Dr. collins material with 2015 and 2016 updates. Does this mean the Dr. Collins book is 2014? It does not have a date on the actual booklets. I am taking the pcat this September 2018, and I was wondering if I purchase the 25$ update will I be ok using this booklet or do you suggest buying a brand new Dr. Collins?

Has anyone used an old version of Dr. Collins before? Would love to hear your input.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I know people that swear by the doctor Collin's booklets. Though i personally didntt use it. Just the Barrons and Kaplan practice tests. I made avid on my YT about it. But anyway, Content wise i think you should be okay. BUT the PCAT did change starting in 2017 so if they are giving you 'study tips' it might be outdated.

I paid for the update but I only got additional exams. I studied Collins entirely but for the last two weeks I used Kaplan because my pharmacist said so. He said if you understand Kaplan chemistry then your gonna do great. I felt like biology section was lacking on Collins compared to the PCAT. I would definitely do practice problems for math section. Collins is super easy for math but the PCAT is harder in my opinion. I would purchase Pearson practice exams.