Dr. Collins PCAT

Started by Ploqt54
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ploqt54

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello guys,

I have Dr. collins material with 2015 and 2016 updates. Does this mean the Dr. Collins book is 2014? It does not have a date on the actual booklets. I am taking the pcat this September 2018, and I was wondering if I purchase the 25$ update will I be ok using this booklet or do you suggest buying a brand new Dr. Collins?

Has anyone used an old version of Dr. Collins before? Would love to hear your input.

Thanks
 
I know people that swear by the doctor Collin's booklets. Though i personally didntt use it. Just the Barrons and Kaplan practice tests. I made avid on my YT about it. But anyway, Content wise i think you should be okay. BUT the PCAT did change starting in 2017 so if they are giving you 'study tips' it might be outdated.
 
I paid for the update but I only got additional exams. I studied Collins entirely but for the last two weeks I used Kaplan because my pharmacist said so. He said if you understand Kaplan chemistry then your gonna do great. I felt like biology section was lacking on Collins compared to the PCAT. I would definitely do practice problems for math section. Collins is super easy for math but the PCAT is harder in my opinion. I would purchase Pearson practice exams.