To end all rumors and questions about Collins I will explain in this post.I bought Dr Collins through this forum and one of my colleagues bought Dr Collins from the real site. I was offered a 2012 edition but it turned out the seller bought a seperate 2012 update from someone and went ahead and attached it to an older edition and called it "2012", which could have been a 2009-2011 edition for all I know. I was missing some of the newer/updated practice tests for each section (about 1-3 practice tests) compared to my friends Collins. He also had the new study guides for the Part 1: Inorganic and Part 2: Organic and Biochemistry study guides which are very helpful for the PCAT. Both of our Collins unfortunately did look cheap and photocopied but very similar on the outdated portions of the study guide. $300.00+ is very expensive for a guide as thick as any other PCAT guide out there, but the concepts, practice tests, and replication of the real PCAT is definitely #1 out of any PCAT study guide I've studied from. I still decided to pay way less than the MSRP because I'm simply cannot afford that price.
Don't waste your money buying Pearson's Practice Tests as Collins copies exactly from Pearson's practice tests especially the Chem/Bio/Reading/Verbal/Quant plus you get more practice tests with Collins.
To answer tinhlac's question it should say Dr Collins and the year when the biology practice test was made for on the bottom of the sheet. It should not have another persons name. It may be taught by someone else but it is not made or distributed by anyone else besides Dr Collins.
If anyone decides to buy a used Dr Collins on the forums and wants to make sure its real and updated I suggest these to be included in the guide:
1) Large protective envelopes for each subject with labeled subject tabs for each perspective subject (8 at this point). The seller that sold to me on the forum was missing these envelopes.
2) The thick glossy copyright paper is important as mine did not come with one and should be in the "important information" envelope. Also mine did not come with the extra request forms or mail envelopes to send in essays and have them grade them. Real Dr Collins guide will have these included if bought from the site.
3) You should only have the 2012 update from -January- as my friend only had the newest one. If there are compiled updates like 2011/2012 updates together you probably have an old Dr Collins.
4) The newest chemistry study guides should specifically be titled Part 1 and Part 2. If you only have Part 2 then you have an outdated Inorganic portion.
5) Reciept of purchase could be asked but I doubt anyone really keeps the receitp for the guide. Printed receipt for paypal buyers through the Collins site or I beleiev they can fax you a reciept.