Dr. Collins study schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Steven1105

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, I am planning on starting my Dr. Collins study packet soon. I have 8 weeks until my exam. I was wondering how you guys used it? Does anyone have a schedule they recommend? Thanks in advance!
 
I only studied for two weeks with only Dr Collins. I focused on quant for a week because I knew I needed to practice with the time constraints. Then a few days for chem and bio. I did one set of reading and one for verbal. I went in and came out expecting about a 60 but my preliminary composite is 93.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also studied with Dr. Collins for about 8 weeks. I pretty much ignored the reading and writing sections because I don't feel that these are something this packet (or anything) can teach you. I reviewed the study material for about a week and then just started hammering through as many practice tests as I could every day. It is absolutely fine that you repeat the same practice tests over and over again. I can't stress enough that you should time every practice test that you take according to the instructions provided. This is meant to help build your time management skills which are 75% of the battle on the real PCAT, after all, you probably already know most of the material. I also bought all 3 of the Pearson online practice tests and took one TIMED full practice test every 2 weeks. These will also help build your time management skills for the real PCAT. Quite a few of my study partners for the test never focused on time management and they definitely regretted it afterwards. I ended up scoring in the 93 %ile and was subsequently accepted. Good luck!
 
Thanks a lot of the help guys, have a out 8 weeks to prepare. Going to study for about 1-1.5 hours per day due to working full time. Hopefully I will be ready. Thanks
 
I would highly recommend him schedule. Work for me big time. Here is the link
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=754083

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

+2

I altered the schedule wmw recommends in the original post. I'm a ***** so I had to put in 4 hours a day instead of the 1.5 he suggests. Other than that go by that. Review material and take a practice section every day. Then after review it and see which ones you got wrong and read the explanation for the answer. Alternate subjects each day then on the weekend take a pearson practice test and review those answers as well. Just as someone said earlier review the practice tests you do over and over again. The questions might not be identical but they will be similar or asked in a different way about the same topic.