Dr. Collins Verbal Packet

Started by kayr2020
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kayr2020

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys!

Anyone order the Dr. Collins PCAT study guide? For the Verbal Packet it comes with 'Analogies Vocab List' but there is no 'Sentence Completion Vocab List'. Is this normal or did they just forget to send me one?

Thanks for the feedback!
 
The only "Sentence Completion Vocab List" I got was the "Important Sentence Completetions." The sentence completion vocab list you are trying to speak of is literally just knowing the meaning of words. Because there is no specific word that ONLY fits into a specific sentence.
 
The only "Sentence Completion Vocab List" I got was the "Important Sentence Completetions." The sentence completion vocab list you are trying to speak of is literally just knowing the meaning of words. Because there is no specific word that ONLY fits into a specific sentence.

Thanks! Yeah that's what I have too, and they had an analogies vocab list so I tought they might have sentence completion one too.
 
hey if anyone is taking the practice exams, do u think some answers are wrong?
like this one for test 3 #33
The vast body of evidence that has ____ over the yeats indicates that smoking is a ___ cause of death.

answer: accumulated...avoidable
like what? i thought it was surfaced....inevitable
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey if anyone is taking the practice exams, do u think some answers are wrong?
like this one for test 3 #33
The vast body of evidence that has ____ over the yeats indicates that smoking is a ___ cause of death.

answer: accumulated...avoidable
like what? i thought it was surfaced....inevitable

The answer is definitely accumulated/avoidable.
First it says 'over the years' so that should give you the clue that it is going to be accumulated.
I mean surfaced can also fit in but lets look at the second missing word.
The second word is 'avoidable' because death from smoking is avoidable if you don't smoke. 'Inevitable' means unavoidable, and death from smoking is definitely avoidable if the person did not smoke in the first place.
I hope I helped!