Dr. Collins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

murolom07

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello I purchased Dr. Collins study aid about a year ago and i was wondering if anyone had any recent 2011 updates as I am told they have changed the biology and chemistry section a little bit? Also the Dr. Collins I bought only has 9 practice tests for the chemistry section. In another thread i read that someone had a dr collins that had 11 practice tests for the chemistry section?? Does he change all of the packet information or does he just provide updates? For example do I need to buy a whole new bunch of packets all over again? Or is it the same? Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Well I just recently received an update from Dr.Collins. It has an new packet that consist of organic chem and biochemistry and the January 2012 update.

So the new collins does have biochemistry in the study guide. I have a 2010 study guide and am thinking I should buy the new one also now to have biochemistr and the new organic?? Any one have any ideas on that??

Thanks

So the new collins does have biochemistry in the study guide. I have a 2010 study guide and am thinking I should buy the new one also now to have biochemistr and the new organic?? Any one have any ideas on that??

Thanks

Hey. I have the material from this new Collins cycle, and my friend has hers from last year. Most of it is identical except for little things that have been added. I don't think it's worth getting a new one. However... We were comparing both of our copies, and a lot of the chemistry answers in the practice exams were wrong in the old ones and they've been corrected in the new ones (or at least the answer for the same exact question has been changed)... So beware for that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for letting me know. Is there alot that are wrong from the old one? If so anyway you can let me know which ones are wrong?? Thanks

Is there any way you could post the questions that were wrong? I had a feeling some of those were not right.

Bumping this :)

For those who took the July PCAT with the new revisions, did anyone use an older version of Dr. Collins study materials and did just fine? Wondering if I should shell out the money for an updated version?

Thanks!

Thanks for letting me know. Is there alot that are wrong from the old one? If so anyway you can let me know which ones are wrong?? Thanks

There are a lot of wrong answers in the new one as well so be weary of that.

I took the pcat this july with dr. Collins and doubled me score when i took it last year without using dr
collins collins. The old version and the new one, they are the same. The only difference is the new copy has more practice exams. I have a 2009 version and a 2011 version and compared the two.

Would anybody be willing to sell just the 2012 updates and tests because I have the set just not the newest updates?
Thanks

I took the pcat this july with dr. Collins and doubled me score when i took it last year without using dr
collins collins. The old version and the new one, they are the same. The only difference is the new copy has more practice exams. I have a 2009 version and a 2011 version and compared the two.

Everything before 2012 was the same. The 2012 one is a little different. Includes an Organic and Biochem packet.

Hello I purchased Dr. Collins study aid about a year ago and i was wondering if anyone had any recent 2011 updates as I am told they have changed the biology and chemistry section a little bit? Also the Dr. Collins I bought only has 9 practice tests for the chemistry section. In another thread i read that someone had a dr collins that had 11 practice tests for the chemistry section?? Does he change all of the packet information or does he just provide updates? For example do I need to buy a whole new bunch of packets all over again? Or is it the same? Thanks!!

Hey man Just study Biology and Chemistry other then that its worthless

I've been working the chemistry section of the Dr. Collins material and in unit 5: Gases. I can not get the right answer to the first question. It says- "In a fixed volume container, 6 x 10^23 molecules of gas exert a pressure of 12 N/m^2. If 12 x 10^23 molecules of gas were added to the container, what would the pressure become?

It says the correct answer is 36 N/m^2.

I've been working the chemistry section of the Dr. Collins material and in unit 5: Gases. I can not get the right answer to the first question. It says- "In a fixed volume container, 6 x 10^23 molecules of gas exert a pressure of 12 N/m^2. If 12 x 10^23 molecules of gas were added to the container, what would the pressure become?

It says the correct answer is 36 N/m^2.

Read the question carefully "If 12 x 10^23 molecules of gas were added to the container" => new number of molecules would be 18 x 10^23. Since the number of molecules are tripled, pressure will also become three times.

Can anyone tell me their experience using Dr. Collins? What results did you see, pros cons, etc???

I used the 2011 Collins (I took the updated July PCAT) and thought the practice tests were very lacking in everything except Math and Verbal. I still got 99% on math, bio, and chem but I would not attribute my success in those sections to Collins besides math. Pro would be that Collins does give you a lot of practice tests which I think are important, though the difficulty is too easy compared to the actual.