Dr. Cynical = high comedy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lastbastion

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2003
Messages
88
Reaction score
0

Members don't see this ad.
I hate to diagree with everyone, but if you really don't find Dr. Cynical funny, you probably are way too stressed or way too uptight.

I come here on my breaks, and know pretty much everything there is to know about applying, and MCAT, etc. Actually, I think everyone on here is their own expert on the subject of getting into medical school.

Why do i keep coming back to this forum everyday? Simple: Dr. Cynicals posts. They are of "high comedy" caliber. They are not only sarcastic, but almost farce, and to me all of his posts are excellent get-aways from the rigors of study. However, there does come a point where too much is too much, especially on a serious forum like this.

So, ulitmately, I think everyone needs to chill out, and also it wouldn't hurt Dr. C. to post a little less frequently.

Thats all.
 

Kashue

No longer a USMLE JUNKIE!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2003
Messages
2,964
Reaction score
1
Don't encourage him. He's already flooding pre-allo with useless threads.
 

doctorcynical

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2004
Messages
392
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by lastbastion
I hate to diagree with everyone, but if you really don't find Dr. Cynical funny, you probably are way too stressed or way too uptight.

I come here on my breaks, and know pretty much everything there is to know about applying, and MCAT, etc. Actually, I think everyone on here is their own expert on the subject of getting into medical school.

Why do i keep coming back to this forum everyday? Simple: Dr. Cynicals posts. They are of "high comedy" caliber. They are not only sarcastic, but almost farce, and to me all of his posts are excellent get-aways from the rigors of study. However, there does come a point where too much is too much, especially on a serious forum like this.

So, ulitmately, I think everyone needs to chill out, and also it wouldn't hurt Dr. C. to post a little less frequently.

Thats all.

I'll tone it down.
 

stomper627

Go Cougs!!!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
May 22, 2003
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
2
Originally posted by doctorcynical
I'll tone it down.


Its a wannabe troll out for a good post....where is SnS when you need him to show cynical what a real troll is?!?!??
stomper
 

doctorcynical

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2004
Messages
392
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by stomper627
Its a wannabe troll out for a good post....where is SnS when you need him to show cynical what a real troll is?!?!??
stomper

Good luck with your "degree" from a community college med school.
 

CalBeE

Full Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
1
I have to agree that he's pretty funny most of time, it's like he tries hard to insult people and it doesn't really work half of the time.
 

doctorcynical

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2004
Messages
392
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by CalBeE
I have to agree that he's pretty funny most of time, it's like he tries hard to insult people and it doesn't really work half of the time.

Easy on the words tough guy.
 

CalBeE

Full Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by doctorcynical
Easy on the words tough guy.

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings...I'll try to TONE IT DOWN next time :(

hey...that sounds familiar...
 

clowne

Untitled
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2003
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
I'm sorry for being critical here, but dr. cynical is annoying rather than funny. Those who remember SnS know what true comedy is all about.
 

JohnHolmes

Large Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
3,207
Reaction score
3
Originally posted by lastbastion
I hate to diagree with everyone, but if you really don't find Dr. Cynical funny, you probably are way too stressed or way too uptight.

I come here on my breaks, and know pretty much everything there is to know about applying, and MCAT, etc. Actually, I think everyone on here is their own expert on the subject of getting into medical school.

Why do i keep coming back to this forum everyday? Simple: Dr. Cynicals posts. They are of "high comedy" caliber. They are not only sarcastic, but almost farce, and to me all of his posts are excellent get-aways from the rigors of study. However, there does come a point where too much is too much, especially on a serious forum like this.

So, ulitmately, I think everyone needs to chill out, and also it wouldn't hurt Dr. C. to post a little less frequently.

Thats all.

Here Here. I think the phrenology post was one of his best to date.

CCW
 

Syranope2

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
289
Reaction score
2
i agree. dr. cynical's posts always make me laugh at least. in a forum filled with highly anxious, nervous, stressed premeds, its a nice break :)
 

Bad Mojo

Cold as Ice
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2003
Messages
293
Reaction score
2
It seems he's been out with a vengeance tonight. I don't think he's in top form tonight, but still pretty funny.
 

docmemi

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2003
Messages
1,494
Reaction score
3
one thing interesting about dr. c is that he is funny with a purpose. something about proving you dont have to be so stressed out and stuff and have no life to get into a great (top 5) school. want to elaborate dr c?


and he is not a total troll. he helps a lot and has a serious side as well. thanks dr c!
 

JohnHolmes

Large Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
3,207
Reaction score
3
Who is SnS? Where are his old posts?

CCW
 

rgporter

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2003
Messages
920
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by lastbastion
I hate to diagree with everyone, but if you really don't find Dr. Cynical funny, you probably are way too stressed or way too uptight...

I always get suspicious when someone with a low post count posts a glowing endorsement of an obvious troll. If your not him then give it a couple more months and 20 or so more trolls and you'll find him less funny, just more of the same.
 
Top