Dr. Cynical = high comedy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lastbastion

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hate to diagree with everyone, but if you really don't find Dr. Cynical funny, you probably are way too stressed or way too uptight.

I come here on my breaks, and know pretty much everything there is to know about applying, and MCAT, etc. Actually, I think everyone on here is their own expert on the subject of getting into medical school.

Why do i keep coming back to this forum everyday? Simple: Dr. Cynicals posts. They are of "high comedy" caliber. They are not only sarcastic, but almost farce, and to me all of his posts are excellent get-aways from the rigors of study. However, there does come a point where too much is too much, especially on a serious forum like this.

So, ulitmately, I think everyone needs to chill out, and also it wouldn't hurt Dr. C. to post a little less frequently.

Thats all.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't encourage him. He's already flooding pre-allo with useless threads.

Originally posted by lastbastion
I hate to diagree with everyone, but if you really don't find Dr. Cynical funny, you probably are way too stressed or way too uptight.

I come here on my breaks, and know pretty much everything there is to know about applying, and MCAT, etc. Actually, I think everyone on here is their own expert on the subject of getting into medical school.

Why do i keep coming back to this forum everyday? Simple: Dr. Cynicals posts. They are of "high comedy" caliber. They are not only sarcastic, but almost farce, and to me all of his posts are excellent get-aways from the rigors of study. However, there does come a point where too much is too much, especially on a serious forum like this.

So, ulitmately, I think everyone needs to chill out, and also it wouldn't hurt Dr. C. to post a little less frequently.

Thats all.

I'll tone it down.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by doctorcynical
I'll tone it down.

Its a wannabe troll out for a good post....where is SnS when you need him to show cynical what a real troll is?!?!??
stomper

Originally posted by stomper627
Its a wannabe troll out for a good post....where is SnS when you need him to show cynical what a real troll is?!?!??
stomper

Good luck with your "degree" from a community college med school.

I have to agree that he's pretty funny most of time, it's like he tries hard to insult people and it doesn't really work half of the time.

Originally posted by CalBeE
I have to agree that he's pretty funny most of time, it's like he tries hard to insult people and it doesn't really work half of the time.

Easy on the words tough guy.

Originally posted by doctorcynical
Easy on the words tough guy.

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings...I'll try to TONE IT DOWN next time :(

hey...that sounds familiar...

I'm sorry for being critical here, but dr. cynical is annoying rather than funny. Those who remember SnS know what true comedy is all about.

Thats all.

Here Here. I think the phrenology post was one of his best to date.

CCW

i agree. dr. cynical's posts always make me laugh at least. in a forum filled with highly anxious, nervous, stressed premeds, its a nice break :)

It seems he's been out with a vengeance tonight. I don't think he's in top form tonight, but still pretty funny.

one thing interesting about dr. c is that he is funny with a purpose. something about proving you dont have to be so stressed out and stuff and have no life to get into a great (top 5) school. want to elaborate dr c?

and he is not a total troll. he helps a lot and has a serious side as well. thanks dr c!

I hate to diagree with everyone, but if you really don't find Dr. Cynical funny, you probably are way too stressed or way too uptight...

I always get suspicious when someone with a low post count posts a glowing endorsement of an obvious troll. If your not him then give it a couple more months and 20 or so more trolls and you'll find him less funny, just more of the same.