Dr. Johnston interview

Started by a1bui
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

a1bui

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
quick question:

If i have an interview with dr. johnston at my school, how formal is it?

Should i wear the suit, business casual, or normal clothes?
Also, is he more lax, or should i start studying my optometry news, and policies?

Thank u much!
 
quick question:

If i have an interview with dr. johnston at my school, how formal is it?

Should i wear the suit, business casual, or normal clothes?
Also, is he more lax, or should i start studying my optometry news, and policies?

Thank u much!


Business casual should be fine, but a suit would impress him more🙂
You should know your optometry news and also national news, he like to hear what you think about issues

Good luck:luck:
 
Yes, the interview was very relaxed!!! I even wore sandals and jeans...haha! Dr. Johnston is very laid back so there's nothing to worry about. You'll find that the interview will be more like a conversation. All the best for you...good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sandals and jeans!!! WOW lol
I would go all out (business) but if hes cool with casual then....😳
 
so...slacks, dress shirt, and tie? No jacket or anything right?
 
I only wore sandals and jeans because I interviewed just to see if I would get in (my first choice was SCCO). And yes, I did get in but hey I recommend that you look your best anyway, but don't go too all out i.e. a full suit. Business casual should be okay.