Dr. Loan, closing before starting residency

Started by ovarydoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ovarydoc

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I started inquiring about Dr. Loans and found out from Suntrust that I could only get the Dr. Loan if I have received my first paycheck before my first mortgage payment. The problem is where I am looking into residency, the residents get their first paycheck in the beginning of August, which means I could not close before I start residency. Has anyone else encountered this problem or are their other lenders that will let you close without such restrictions
 
Lenders with true physician laons usually let you close 30-90 days before the start of your contract date (or did last year). Remember some products may have changed with the subprime troubles ...