Dr Minh Nguyen

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jp10011

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't stand looking at this profile

http://www.softdental.com/about_drminh.html

Take a close look at the caps... and also san antonia as #1 dental school? Give me a break.

Members don't see this ad.

All you need is certficaton as proffestiional and desent bussines cents and you too can be making the big dollars tooo.

jp10011 said:

Take a close look at the caps... and also san antonia as #1 dental school? Give me a break.

Ya you are right. However, Dental schools may have been ranked when he went Dental school and is possible that in ranking San Antonio was no 1.

Members don't see this ad :)
jp10011 said:

He should have had someone proofread his profile. I think it hurts him more than helps. I know I wouldn't see him. Hopefully his clinical skills are better than his grammar.

SunnyDay said:
He should have had someone proofread his profile. I think it hurts him more than helps. I know I wouldn't see him. Hopefully his clinical skills are better than his grammar.
Ya really! It's not even that hard to make the Dean List ERRRR I meant Dean's List. :laugh:

Be sure to refer all your orthognathic cases since he did the fastest residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery history... 2 yrs. wow. he one smart monkeys and wins award in dean list and graduate from #1 dental school in U.S.A. what a joke. maybe somebody can volunteer to proofread his website.

wow i sure got a laugh out of that.... and this is my favorite part:

"In addiotion to CPR, he also have advanced training in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)"

I cant belive an adcom actually let this doosh into dental school : )
Oh god I could start some **** by saying *cough* minority *cough* but I will absolutely not : )

coolraz said:
I cant belive an adcom actually let this doosh into dental school : )
Oh god I could start some **** by saying *cough* minority *cough* but I will absolutely not : )

I agree that his english is horrible, but I don't think being an Asian minority is an advantage when applying to health professional schools. In fact, I know it is not. I have heard directly from people who used to be on adcom committees tell me that Asians are at the greatest disadvantage when applying in comparison to all other races. The reason being is that there are so many Asians in the health professions despite holding only a small percentage of the actual population in the United States.

WestCoast said:
Be sure to refer all your orthognathic cases since he did the fastest residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery history... 2 yrs. wow. he one smart monkeys and wins award in dean list and graduate from #1 dental school in U.S.A. what a joke. maybe somebody can volunteer to proofread his website.
I was thinking the same thing. 2 years?

"Dr. Minh Nguyen came to the United States in 1979 from Vietnam. He went to St. Thomas High School in Houston, Texas and graduated as an HONOR STUDENTS with AWARDS in English, math, theology, and history."

Anyone catch this? An honor students? In English? Sounds more like Engrish to me.

I actually know some people who go there for their hygiene visits. They say each prophy comes with a 'happy ending'.

Members don't see this ad :)
toofache32 said:
"Dr. Minh Nguyen came to the United States in 1979 from Vietnam. He went to St. Thomas High School in Houston, Texas and graduated as an HONOR STUDENTS with AWARDS in English, math, theology, and history."

Anyone catch this? An honor students? In English? Sounds more like Engrish to me.
I was thinking the same thing. What was the award for? Best Engrish right off the boat? :laugh: Maybe for it he grammar too! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Haha no, we're really not that harsh. I came to US when I was 12 too and didnt speak a word of english. It's not so bad now, at least I avoid capitalizing random words : ) So there's no excuse for people not to learn the damn language, especially when they're writing on their professional website! He coulda gotten someone else in the office to type it up for him.....unless they are all as BADs engrish SPEAKERS as Dr. Nguyens. :D

Oh and yeah, I really was just kidding cus i know being asian is not really an advantage minority-wise. A few of my friends didnt put asian as race on their applications for undergrad because some adcoms will actually "subtract" points from SAT scores from asian applicants to "even it out". Now that's pretty messed up if you ask me.

KxM99 said:
wow i sure got a laugh out of that.... and this is my favorite part:

"In addiotion to CPR, he also have advanced training in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)"
Lay off the guy. I doubt he wrote it anyway. Probably a secretary or something.

My favorite part is where he
"volunteered to tutor biochemistry to read for the blinds."
The blinds, haha :laugh:

aYy...give the Doc a break. If his grammar "may be" bad...MAYBE...his skills aren't. I don't know...benefit of the doubt. :cool: But wow...those caps are sure "overused." :) But still, his skills can't/shouldn't be judged 'accurately' unless you're a patient of his. :D

and GoOod Morning! ^_^, gosh...i spelled "good" intentionally that way...so don't pick on me. :D

jp10011 said:

I think he at least has a nice looking website, unlike so many of the crap piles that exist out there.

coolraz said:
A few of my friends didnt put asian as race on their applications for undergrad because some adcoms will actually "subtract" points from SAT scores from asian applicants to "even it out". Now that's pretty messed up if you ask me.
Is that Affirmative Action?

Richnator said:
Lay off the guy. I doubt he wrote it anyway. Probably a secretary or something.

well if he actually allowed someone else who is that incompetent to write that for him and didn't proofread it, then that's even worse!

Can any of you say that you've accomplished even half of what that guy has done? He does have some pretty impressive credentials and all you people can do is mock his grammar. Why not talk about all the good things he has done over the years.

He said he was a member of the admissions committee, so you never know, he may end up interviewing you one day. What is going to happen during the interview when you hear his less than stellar English? Are you going to burst out laughing? :p Will you do this when a patient comes to you with the same? OH that reminds me of a funny video:

Funny Video

All you are doing is bashing a member of same profession that you are trying to enter. Threads like this have no purpose in the Dental forum it's just a waste of server space. :thumbdown:

tinman831 said:
Can any of you say that you've accomplished even half of what that guy has done? He does have some pretty impressive credentials and all you people can do is mock his grammar. Why not talk about all the good things he has done over the years.

He said he was a member of the admissions committee, so you never know, he may end up interviewing you one day. What is going to happen during the interview when you hear his less than stellar English? Are you going to burst out laughing? :p Will you do this when a patient comes to you with the same? OH that reminds me of a funny video:

Funny Video

All you are doing is bashing a member of same profession that you are trying to enter. Threads like this have no purpose in the Dental forum it's just a waste of server space. :thumbdown:

Agreed. Stop being yella belly rednecks :p

no one said anything about him being a bad dentist or not having accomplished great things in his career. but a website like that shows total lack of effort and to me (and others on the forum) it looks unprofessional. imagine if one of us wrote our personal statement in a similar manner. do u think any adcoms would say "oh well look at his accomplishments, i'm sure he is a great person".... no, they will say that we didn't take any time or care to proofread (or have someone else proofread if our english isn't very good).

and btw, that video was hilarious :laugh:

The whole thing was in Dutch, anyone else understand it besides me?

hehehee, yes I feel cool. Funny video.

Why don't you email him and tell him his site needs to be edited because it lacks english cred? Or would he then be misrepresenting himself?

My only problem with this guy (which was previously mentioned) is how he claims to have completed a residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery in 2 years. He's misrepresenting himself because that's clearly not possible.

1992Corolla said:
The whole thing was in Dutch, anyone else understand it besides me?

hehehee, yes I feel cool. Funny video.

Why don't you email him and tell him his site needs to be edited because it lacks english cred? Or would he then be misrepresenting himself?

What are they talking about in that video? It looks like a serious topic with the crying and all.

tinman831 said:

yeah but it still be funnys

He's laughing all the way to the bank, while all of you are pre-dents/dental students complaining about his website. Don't you guys have something better to than to bash this guys website on a forum he's probably never been to? Go Christmas shopping or enjoy your break. Avoid picking on our future colleagues, save the name-calling for physicians and chiropractors.

Unemployed said:
He's laughing all the way to the bank...
...and so is Britney Spears....but that doesn't mean it's quality.

I've always found it pathetic when people resort to mocking someone's grammar. It's soooo "Can't you speak good American?!" Anyway, it's kind of obvious by the content that he didn't write his or any of the other profiles himself.

savvysearch said:
Anyway, it's kind of obvious by the content that he didn't write his or any of the other profiles himself.
How is it obvious? And it doesn't matter who wrote it, because he is the one who ultimately should be proof-reading it since it's his name on the line.

toofache32 said:
How is it obvious? And it doesn't matter who wrote it, because he is the one who ultimately should be proof-reading it since it's his name on the line.

Ok, ok...I'm going to have to clear this up. I called his office and spoke to him personally. He told me his 6 year old daughter, Ashley, wrote his bio on the website. She even learned html during her recess hours to create the website. Give the girl some slack. She's probably still eating her boogers. Yum!

Are you serious that his 6 year old girl learnt HTML. Wow! By the age of 8 she will be a developer in C++ and by the age of 10 she will make her own programming language... i suppose.

drengineer said:
Are you serious that his 6 year old girl learnt HTML. Wow! By the age of 8 she will be a developer in C++ and by the age of 10 she will make her own programming language... i suppose.

Yeah. I heard those asian kids are really smart and hard working. I met this asian dude who was in 10th grade and was taking 4 AP classes. That is some serious $hit for 10th grader.

Mustt Mustt said:
Yeah. I heard those asian kids are really smart and hard working. I met this asian dude who was in 10th grade and was taking 4 AP classes. That is some serious $hit for 10th grader.
In my undergrad school there was this asian kid who was a senior at age 15 and was taking a graduate level bioengineering class with me. he got a 40 something (out of 45) on his MCAT when he was 14.

ramona_k said:
In my undergrad school there was this asian kid who was a senior at age 15 and was taking a graduate level bioengineering class with me. he got a 40 something (out of 45) on his MCAT when he was 14.

yesss, we are taking over the world :laugh:

Unemployed said:
yesss, we are taking over the world :laugh:

:thumbup: wee wee. :laugh:

wow...you actually called? 6 year old daughter? *wow*

ramona_k said:

psssh i did all that when i was 15 too, but then i just decided i'd wait 7 more years and apply to dental schools instead

Unemployed said:
Ok, ok...I'm going to have to clear this up. I called his office and spoke to him personally. He told me his 6 year old daughter, Ashley, wrote his bio on the website. She even learned html during her recess hours to create the website.

That's funny because on the bottom of his website it says the site was designed by Hifi Graphic. Obviously Ashley started this company when she was 4. :laugh: