1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dr. Putzer's PCAT class in Florida

Discussion in 'PCAT Discussions' started by FSUNOLE, Aug 1, 2006.

1. FSUNOLE

FSUNOLE Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hi, I go to Florida State. Does anyone know Dr. Putzer's pre-pharmacy class? I heard he's excellent. But I want comments from people that has taken his class. Thank you.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ageldred

ageldred Member
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Id like to know also. But gosh...so much money. I think I can only afford $1000 after I'm a pharmacist ;)

4. fsupharmguy

fsupharmguy Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Hello...
    I took Dr. Putzer's class. I would say overall it did help. I am planning on taking the exam again, though. On June's PCAT, I made an 86 composite. I would like to get that into the 90s. If you'd like more info about the class then feel free to ask.

5. pharm41

pharm41 Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Is the course available online b/c I live in San Antonio, TX. How much does it cost?

6. fsupharmguy

fsupharmguy Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    The course was $1000, but that was a special rate for FSU. I think it's $1050 regularly. Here's the link to his website: http://www.drputzer.yourmd.com/ . At this point, it is not offerred online, but I would email him and see if he'd work something out for you.
    Good luck!

7. GreenMonster

GreenMonster Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Putzer taught Healthcare Ethics at Stetson last year
    He's an awesome teacher and is smart as hell
    while i havent taken his PCAT class, I would imagine it to be very good

8. YOWAT

YOWAT Membership Revoked
    Removed Account on Hold 2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I would not take Gavin Putzer class. My initial response from him was shady. He tried to convey he was all that, sounded to good to be true. tried too hard. Plus his class not worth it. You pay sooooooo much money and he teaches you stuff as review, stuff u can easily do breezing thru pcat study books. The key to do well on pcat is practice practice questions. all he does is read and tell us to go buy pearson practice tests. He just has a few questions. Go figure. u can do the pearson practice tests (still wont be enough questions practice) and brush up on key stuff u didnt know yrself. his class is pointless. i was desperate and didnt know where to turn.