Dr. Putzer's PCAT class in Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FSUNOLE

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I go to Florida State. Does anyone know Dr. Putzer's pre-pharmacy class? I heard he's excellent. But I want comments from people that has taken his class. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

FSUNOLE said:
Hi, I go to Florida State. Does anyone know Dr. Putzer's pre-pharmacy class? I heard he's excellent. But I want comments from people that has taken his class. Thank you.

Id like to know also. But gosh...so much money. I think I can only afford $1000 after I'm a pharmacist ;)

Hello...
I took Dr. Putzer's class. I would say overall it did help. I am planning on taking the exam again, though. On June's PCAT, I made an 86 composite. I would like to get that into the 90s. If you'd like more info about the class then feel free to ask.

fsupharmguy said:
Hello...
I took Dr. Putzer's class. I would say overall it did help. I am planning on taking the exam again, though. On June's PCAT, I made an 86 composite. I would like to get that into the 90s. If you'd like more info about the class then feel free to ask.

Is the course available online b/c I live in San Antonio, TX. How much does it cost?

Members don't see this ad :)
pharm41 said:
Is the course available online b/c I live in San Antonio, TX. How much does it cost?
The course was $1000, but that was a special rate for FSU. I think it's $1050 regularly. Here's the link to his website: http://www.drputzer.yourmd.com/ . At this point, it is not offerred online, but I would email him and see if he'd work something out for you.
Good luck!

Putzer taught Healthcare Ethics at Stetson last year
He's an awesome teacher and is smart as hell
while i havent taken his PCAT class, I would imagine it to be very good

I would not take Gavin Putzer class. My initial response from him was shady. He tried to convey he was all that, sounded to good to be true. tried too hard. Plus his class not worth it. You pay sooooooo much money and he teaches you stuff as review, stuff u can easily do breezing thru pcat study books. The key to do well on pcat is practice practice questions. all he does is read and tell us to go buy pearson practice tests. He just has a few questions. Go figure. u can do the pearson practice tests (still wont be enough questions practice) and brush up on key stuff u didnt know yrself. his class is pointless. i was desperate and didnt know where to turn.