Dr Romano?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Biofilm preventer

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody here taken Dr. Romano's DAT prep course in Staten Island?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't but I heard good things about it.
I used destroyer and bio notes by dr. Romano and I think they helped me a lot.

I haven't but I heard good things about it.
I used destroyer and bio notes by dr. Romano and I think they helped me a lot.

Im contemplating either by that prep course or DAT bootcamp. DAT bootcamp is only 300$ and Romano is like 3000$. so was considering using bootcamp first, taking the DAT in June and see how it goes. If I need a retake then I will schedule the retake for September and take Romano course in the summer.

If anyone here took Romano in summer, or if orgoman stumbles upon this post, how is the summer course compared to the spring one?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd do it only if you needed someone to force you into studying. I took the DAT over the summer without a course and just followed ari's schedule and using Destroyer. Ramano's destroyer is very thorough on its own but there's no shame in taking a class if you need it.

@orgoman22

I took Dr. Romano class back in 2015 even though I did not make it to dental school that year I can tell you that it was worth every penny I spend. Nancy and Dr. Romano are very organized and the classes are amazing. Dr. Romano will provide you with lot good information. I score
26 Bio
22 chem
20 orgo
Dr romano help me get those scores. I would not be able to accomplish those if it was not because of them. You are investing money for your future.

Sent from my moto g(6) using SDN mobile

Last edited:
The thing that I am contemplating is that I was going to start a DAT bootcamp subscription in march and take the DAT in June. If I didn't do well then I was going to take Romano over the summer and take a retake in September.

So my question is, would DAT bootcamp subscription be enough to do well on the DAT. I know if I take Romano I will have no regrets when I take the DAT. however, is DAT bootcamp enough to do well is my main question. Or I will take Romano course even for preparation for the first time I take it and not get a DAT bootcamp subscription.

The courses are exactly the same in the spring and summer. Dr. Romano teaches all the sciences and we have our top instructor that teaches the Math Section. We do all the work in the DAT Destroyer and Dr. Romano uses his own written lecture review notes to prepare you for the GC, Orgo, and Bio before starting the DAT Destroyer.

Hope this answers your questions.

Nancy

Last edited:
Me personally I prefer Romano class because he teach everything in detail and he is not someone on computer. You can ask Dr. Romano questions and he always answered them. Nancy always tell us you only want you take DAT once so don't risk. Why would you want take it and if you did not do well retake it again. take it once and call it day

Sent from my moto g(6) using SDN mobile

I'd do it only if you needed someone to force you into studying. I took the DAT over the summer without a course and just followed ari's schedule and using Destroyer. Ramano's destroyer is very thorough on its own but there's no shame in taking a class if you need it.

@orgoman22

This. I used only Destroyer for my DAT and got 25 Bio, 24 GC, 22 Orgo - 22 TS. If you can study on your own, you're fine.

This. I used only Destroyer for my DAT and got 25 Bio, 24 GC, 22 Orgo - 22 TS. If you can study on your own, you're fine.
I agree if you can do it on your own do it! Some students need a more structured environment! I tell a student to do what works best for them. We have many students through the years that join our group that are taking the test again, also we had a student Fall 2017 that took it for the 5th time, who just started dental this year.

Many students score high with a good study plan and a realistic goal and study time. I agree,courses are not necessary for all

iWantThatDMD Congrats on your great scores!

wishing everyone the best!

Nancy

Last edited: