Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine at RFU of Medicine and Science (SCPM) Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weirdy

Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I have been recently accepted into Scholl class of 2026. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for pet friendly housing nearby and what to expect going into my first year. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone,

I have been recently accepted into Scholl class of 2026. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for pet friendly housing nearby and what to expect going into my first year. Thanks!
Hey! How did they reach out to you regarding your acceptance? I am still waiting!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

During my open house/interview, they were saying that The Woodlands building 7 was pet-friendly I believe. Also was just accepted, so can't speak on what to expect :)

Hey! How did they reach out to you regarding your acceptance? I am still waiting!!
I got an email saying that I had a portal status update and then on the portal was the acceptance letter

During my open house/interview, they were saying that The Woodlands building 7 was pet-friendly I believe. Also was just accepted, so can't speak on what to expect :)
Hey congratulations! I look forward to meeting you of you decide to go to Scholl

Do we know if they have a facebook page for the class of 2026??

Putting down my deposit as well!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted last week. Submitted my deposit this week! Does anyone know what the transportation situation is like? I was told it's manageable to live at RFU without a car (as opposed to other schools I applied to and got accepted at). I plan to live on campus. (submitted that application already).

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted last week. Submitted my deposit this week! Does anyone know what the transportation situation is like? I was told it's manageable to live at RFU without a car (as opposed to other schools I applied to and got accepted at). I plan to live on campus. (submitted that application already).

It’s not bad, most people have cars but there are some who didn’t have a car and just used instacart for groceries until they made friends that they could carpool with. As far as going down into the city goes, there’s a train station about a 20 minute walk from campus that takes you to the heart of the city. Remember you’re in the suburbs here and it’s safe but it does help to have a car if you can afford it!

Reactions: 2 users
I saw from last year's thread that there is a drug test along with the background check on castle branch. I don't see this info on my portal anyone know where I can find the form to have it done?

I saw from last year's thread that there is a drug test along with the background check on castle branch. I don't see this info on my portal anyone know where I can find the form to have it done?
I don't have it on the portal either, also really never heard any communication regards a drug test, and tbh, if they were to do one, I think it would be easier for them to do it in house, but that's just my 2 cents regards your question, I genuinely have no idea. Have you asked anyone at RFU that would have more information regards that?

I don't have it on the portal either, also really never heard any communication regards a drug test, and tbh, if they were to do one, I think it would be easier for them to do it in house, but that's just my 2 cents regards your question, I genuinely have no idea. Have you asked anyone at RFU that would have more information regards that?
Yeah I never was notified or anything even if they do it it’ll be on campus probably. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything since it was on the last years acceptance thread! I haven’t directly reached out to RFU and asked any admins yet tho

Drug test is for clinicals which occur in 2nd year. I still don't even know when that is.

Drug test is for clinicals which occur in 2nd year. I still don't even know when that is.

From conversations with the P2s, the timing for the drug test varies between the students. Some got them earlier than others

Applied to RFU and Barry (Barry was my back up plan), got instantly rejected by Barry. Interviewed with RFU 5/16, accepted 5/19. Looking forward to starting in August!

Applied to RFU and Barry (Barry was my back up plan), got instantly rejected by Barry. Interviewed with RFU 5/16, accepted 5/19. Looking forward to starting in August!
congrats! would you mind sharing your stats?

congrats! would you mind sharing your stats?
cGPA and sGPA are 2.895, with a strong upward trend starting junior year. Senior year Deans list/4.0gpa
2 years of research (my own work, not time assisting a prof)
Part of the 2 years included a paid position after my graduation to continue working on project
Presented on my research (no publication)
Leadership Position
Some teaching/mentoring experience starting senior year, continuing post graduation (lab related)
Student Club founder/president for 2 years
~30 hours community service/volunteer work
6 years as a Pharmacy Technician
100 hours shadowing family practice MD
100 hours shadowing family practice PA
Volunteer work at family practice clinic
45 hours shadowing DPM

Had 2 LOR from DPM, and 2 from science profs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Similar boat. Barry interviewed me, but rejected my ass the very next day. Sitting on an acceptance to RFU while I wait to hear back from other schools.

Anyone planning to apply to UTRGV? Application just opened for EY 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.