Dragon Dictation Microphones

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boomshakalaka

humansplainer
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I use Dragon pretty regularly when dictating my reports, but I’m currently in the market for a new microphone or headset. My $40 logitech headset has worked pretty well but I was wondering if anybody had experience with using AirPods or any other wireless Bluetooth type headsets. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I use these every day for everything from listening to podcasts to taking phone calls while I walk my dog. I haven't used them for any dictation (yet), but they've worked great in every other capacity and the active noise cancelling is pretty amazing and very quick and easy to (de)activate.

1674687422943.png

Hi everyone, I use Dragon pretty regularly when dictating my reports, but I’m currently in the market for a new microphone or headset. My $40 logitech headset has worked pretty well but I was wondering if anybody had experience with using AirPods or any other wireless Bluetooth type headsets. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!
Indirect experience: I have a set of Powerbeats Pros for running, so I don't really ever use them for calls, but the one time I tested it, I was told it sounded like I was in a tin can. Might've been a one-off, but long story short, probably wouldn't recommend them for dictation.

I suspect a decent gaming headset might actually be a good choice, but some of them can be a bit gaudy.

Members don't see this ad :)
For really any microphone usage, I would get a dedicated microphone. I have a Yeti mic and I always get complimented on my sound quality. However that isn't necessary for a decent sounding mic.

The FiFine USB mic will get you there for $30. You'll sound clearer than the average setup. Pair that with whatever headphones you got, and you're good.

If you want the whole headset? Pretty much anything will work. I'd suggest those simple Logitech ones.

Thanks everyone for the recs! It looks like another Logitech is the ticket. Beats the costs of airpods as well. I tried a gaming headset and my ears just ended up getting way too hot.

Thanks everyone for the recs! It looks like another Logitech is the ticket. Beats the costs of airpods as well. I tried a gaming headset and my ears just ended up getting way too hot.
Please update the thread with a link to whatever you end up choosing

I use a dedicated set of AirPods. Used a label maker to differentiate phone AirPods from laptop AirPods.

Reactions: 1 user
I was able to procure a professional version and I’ve had little trouble with it. It sometimes confuses “an” and “in” but I’ve been really pleased with it. The auto punctuation is much improved, as well.

Reactions: 1 user