Drawing?

Started by Jbrowndds
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jbrowndds

SMILE ON!!!
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you have to know how to draw to be a good dental student? I can't draw like really good but I'm good with my hands. I'm a cosmetologist and I braid really good. I feel a little silly asking but I'm just curious.
 
Do you have to know how to draw to be a good dental student? I can't draw like really good but I'm good with my hands. I'm a cosmetologist and I braid really good. I feel a little silly asking but I'm just curious.

I don't think drawing is that only thing that determines manual dexterity. I think you are fine. 🙂
 
You can draw tooth structure I'm sure, but it won't make or break you as a practitioner. It might help in dental anatomy, but the real experience is with teeth physically in your hands.
 
Do you have to know how to draw to be a good dental student? I can't draw like really good but I'm good with my hands. I'm a cosmetologist and I braid really good. I feel a little silly asking but I'm just curious.

No way. I can barely draw stick figures yet they somehow let me in 😉 It suppose art skills can come in handy, I sometimes draw pictures for patients to help explain treatment options, but I'm not drawing really detailed works of art for them.