Dream Neuro Program

Started by buckley
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

buckley

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
:luck: :idea: I'm curious: What's your "dream" neuro program to do residency/fellowship in? And people can just comment or share their thoughts about it.
Note: I'm not talking about rankings or top 5's..Just where you want to end up in (or if you're already there) and why. For example, UC Irvine because it's near Anaheim Dineyland 🙂 I think it will also help us get to know you better.


I'll start---
Right now, my dream program is Stony Brook because my aunt lives near there. SO it' a family issue for me. I don't know anyone here in the US, so I think that would help me deal with the homesick blues. Not to mention ensure that I have a supply of delicious food 🙂 Any thoughts on Stony Brook?
Webpage wise, I liked Partners program because it seemed so regimented. Ad the coordinator seems really nice...believe me, they do encourage/discourage : ) 😍
 
A small/medium program with a good reputation where I'll be happy. Gonna go into private practice so I don't need Partners.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I go back and forth on this one. Some days I dream about going back to my hometown, St. Louis, at WU or SLU. Living in a city I am comfortable with and around my family and old friends. Other days, I dream of going to the coasts and learn neurology in a powerhouse program.

But, I still have a 10 months till I apply.... so hopefully I can decisively choose a side of the fence next year.
 
I have personal connections there, rotated through the interventional neurology department and liked the residents. All good things

Although I have to say. University of Rochester is an excellent place as well as I am rotating through there now. If I was a single man I would rank this program high on the list 🙂
/ND
 
Indeed, indeed, family matters a lot with the choice of residency...good luck....