dress code for brigham and women's elective

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Haversian Canal

good day to save lives
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll be doing Trauma surgery next month.

Here, we have to wear the hospital lab coats. scrubs only in the Surgical Theater.
I was in Mayo Clinic couple of years ago and I realized that their students wear suits for rotations.

So I am bit unsure of what should I bring/buy (beside shirts, slacks and ties)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So here is the deal (from watching Boston Med) :

We provide scrubs and a short white coat here at the hospital. There is a US$10 cash deposit required for the white coat, which is refunded at the end of your rotation here. Business dress with clean white coat is usually worn on Wednesdays for the surgery didactic conferences.