"Dress Code" for interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Babycatcher2B

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just received the detailed information for one of my next interviews. And it stated that the dress code is casual (i.e. suits are not required). This is weird and I feel really weirded by it. I don't know what I should do, I feel like I still want to wear a suit but then don't want to be the only one who wears one and then stand out. Anybody been in a similar situation???

Members don't see this ad.

So I just received the detailed information for one of my next interviews. And it stated that the dress code is casual (i.e. suits are not required). This is weird and I feel really weirded by it. I don't know what I should do, I feel like I still want to wear a suit but then don't want to be the only one who wears one and then stand out. Anybody been in a similar situation???
I agree with you that it would be weird to go for a professional job interview in anything besides a suit. I am not sure I would feel very comfortable doing that either, and being confortable with how you are dressed is essential for doing well in an interview. I think wearing the slacks and shirt from your suit (and a tie if you're a guy) without the jacket could be a reasonable compromise. I'd probably still carry the suit jacket with me, just in case. You don't have to put it on if no one else is wearing one.

Thanks for the advice. Because when I read it I was like WTF!

Status
Not open for further replies.