dress-code for the interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

idn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which one is more professional for an interview; nude or black pantyhose? Do guys think that wearing a jacket and skirt is professional enough?
thanks to anyone who replies...

Members don't see this ad.

I would absolutely go with nude. I've worked at several job/career fairs and this is the norm. I personally think black looks like you're going to a funeral...but that's just my take.

A jacket is a must.

Just think of it this way: If there are two girls interviewing for the same position on the same day...who would look more professional: one wearing a suit jacket or one just in a button-up shirt? You wouldn't want to be the one under-dressed in comparison to anyone else there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sexy doesn't get you very far when a conservative professional is interviewing you and gets a bad impression. Not saying to button that shirt all the way to the collar, but I'd be careful. Why do you need to look sexy at a dental interview when you are there to prove your dedication, intelligence, and achievements? Dressing too sexy looks bad.

go for nude. Black looks too winter/sexy. You want them looking at your face/smile..not your legs.

thanks guys...
I thought black is more conservative than nude because it covers your legs, but with nude you can see the legs so what is the point of wearing it.

But if you say so, then nude it is. :)

I would absolutely go with nude. I've worked at several job/career fairs and this is the norm. I personally think black looks like you're going to a funeral...but that's just my take.

A jacket is a must.

Just think of it this way: If there are two girls interviewing for the same position on the same day...who would look more professional: one wearing a suit jacket or one just in a button-up shirt? You wouldn't want to be the one under-dressed in comparison to anyone else there.

no, I was talking about suit-pants vs. suit-skirt. which one do you think is more professional?

i think a skirt/jacket is great if they look good on you, and its the right length. but pants/jacket is always a safe bet. for sure nude pantyhose.

no, I was talking about suit-pants vs. suit-skirt. which one do you think is more professional?

I wore a skirt suit and felt feminine but very professional. At my interview last week, I think half of the girls were wearing skirt suits and half were wearing pants suits. I think the skirt suits look better :) but that's just my opinion!

And definitely nude pantyhose. If you get a run (like I did right after my interview was done! eek haha) in your nylons, nude will be MUCH less obvious than black!

I wore a skirt suit and felt feminine but very professional. At my interview last week, I think half of the girls were wearing skirt suits and half were wearing pants suits. I think the skirt suits look better :) but that's just my opinion!

And definitely nude pantyhose. If you get a run (like I did right after my interview was done! eek haha) in your nylons, nude will be MUCH less obvious than black!

thanks