Dress code orientation day?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CanPsychGirl

B.Sc. 2010 grad
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been invited to an orientation/open house day for accepted students. I feel like the dress code for this event would be slightly less formal than for an interview day... any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I've been invited to an orientation/open house day for accepted students. I feel like the dress code for this event would be slightly less formal than for an interview day... any thoughts?

I went to a recruitment day (for accepted students) at a university and most were dressed business casual (slacks, nice blouse/shirt). I don't think you can really go wrong with business casual in an event like this, although I'd imagine an open house may be structured slightly different than a recruitment/visiting day (we still met individually with grad. students and professors).

I went to a recruitment day (for accepted students) at a university and most were dressed business casual (slacks, nice blouse/shirt). I don't think you can really go wrong with business casual in an event like this, although I'd imagine an open house may be structured slightly different than a recruitment/visiting day (we still met individually with grad. students and professors).

+1 business casual is a safe choice if unsure.

Members don't see this ad :)

LOL. Make them fully understand their lapse in judgement... Go with one of the following looks:

1. Emo Kid
2. Grunge
3. Stripper
4. The Naughty Librarian
5. Rastafarian

I'm sure there are other great looks that you could rock for this event... every one else will probably suggest something "safe", but not I... LOL. If you take my advice you'll get what you deserve!!!

Mark

lol. Make them fully understand their lapse in judgement... Go with one of the following looks:

1. Emo kid
2. Grunge
3. Stripper
4. The naughty librarian
5. Rastafarian

i'm sure there are other great looks that you could rock for this event... Every one else will probably suggest something "safe", but not i... Lol. If you take my advice you'll get what you deserve!!!

Mark

+1

Business casual, but make sure it's just orientation.