DREW - feb 16th email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prznpremed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone get this email 2 weeks ago:

Dear Applicant,

Please accept our apology in updating you regarding the status of your application. Our admissions committee is working diligently to review each candidate’s file. We will send you an update no later than Friday, February 16, 2007.

I called them and got no information... Has anyone heard anything update-wise?

Is this their subtle hint at rejections?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I received an interview invite via email on Monday. The interview is for March 13, which is pretty late. I'm probably just interviewing for the waitlist.

Go to the interview, it's not for a waitlist spot. They only interviewed 3 groups of ppl so far. I interviewed 2/10 which was the third group and there was 24 ppl I believe. There was probably less on the other days since those days were weekdays. They said they were going to interview about 120 people for 25 spots. Normally schools accept double of the actual class size so the odds are not too bad, but it's a crapshoot too!

Drew is a great program if you really have your heart set on the underserved. Students and staff were happy. It seems like there are many advantages to being in the program vs. regular UCLA too.

So bottom line - it's not a lost cause! :)

:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Go to the interview, it's not for a waitlist spot. They only interviewed 3 groups of ppl so far. I interviewed 2/10 which was the third group and there was 24 ppl I believe. There was probably less on the other days since those days were weekdays. They said they were going to interview about 120 people for 25 spots. Normally schools accept double of the actual class size so the odds are not too bad, but it's a crapshoot too!

Drew is a great program if you really have your heart set on the underserved. Students and staff were happy. It seems like there are many advantages to being in the program vs. regular UCLA too.

So bottom line - it's not a lost cause! :)

Hey kc222, I interviewed on the same day! :)
Did they ever mention when they would begin informing us of our post-interview status?

I hate the fact that Drew makes students wait so long for a decision. They perhaps have an admisiions committe the size of any other school and interview far less students. Yes the class size is very small, but the wait is killer on the students. The thing is you can serve the undersaerved regardless of your school. I used to love Drew, but after going through the process with the school, that love affair is tragically over. good luck to you all whom are applying this year.

from last year's post

Hey guys...they said we should hear from them in mid March..did yall hear that too..or is it juss me..i interviewed on a weekday and it was only 2 of us..so i cant imagine 24 people..goodness thats alot..the same day i interviewed i went to committee..so they may have already decided my fate..but like i said prolly wont find out til March..good luck everyone

BTW...how was it interviewing with 24 students? How was the diversity..how were the other students..and are you sure they accept 25? I thought it was 25 spots and they accept bout 40...

Do any of you guys know how we'll find out if we're accepted (email, phone call, letter, etc?) I interviewed Jan. 20th and still waiting to hear back. Any news would help :)

From what I've seen on the other threads, looks like they call you if you are accepted.
And they did tell us they accept about 40-50 people for the 24 (25?) spots. They didn't tell us when we could expect to hear something though.
And the waiting begins....

BTW...how was it interviewing with 24 students? How was the diversity..how were the other students..and are you sure they accept 25? I thought it was 25 spots and they accept bout 40...

Diversity was great...people from different parts, did different things. They do a great job of screening for like minded people in regards to their mission statement.

The class size is 24 and schools typically accept double that size. For whatever reason, some people go elsewhere but Drew is definitely a 24 person class.

I also heard that the first batch of decisions will go out in early March.