Drexel and GW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kissit

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like these two schools are pretty comparable except one is pricier. The living expenses at GW/in D.C. seem far greater than those in Philly. Do you guys see any other major differences between the reputation of these two schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!

I think there is a significant difference in the reputation of these two schools. In my opinion, GW is much more reputed then Drexel...maybe because of its location/new hospital etc...It is more expensive (which is why I turned it down), but if I had to pick bet the two..I'll go with GW... (unless you've got family in philly and you'd like to be near them, that might change things a bit.).

good luck!:)

i had the same question as you. i totally love gw but i would still choose drexel just for financial reasons.

here's my personal pro/con list for drexel and gw:

gw pros: better reputation, lively city, more things to do nearby (restaurants, museums, etc), great metro system, slightly better weather (?), new hospital

gw cons: expensive, lack of housing, potential terrorist target

drexel pros: choice of curriculum, cheaper, better housing options, got a warmer reception from staff and students, tradition of being first female med school, large class ( i prefer to meet a bigger variety of people), i have a friend there

drexel cons: neighborhood seemed really old and depressing to me, horrible drivers, less things to do near school, downtown seemed unsafe to walk around alone (as a female)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by chibihamsta

gw cons: expensive, lack of housing, potential terrorist target

it's sad, but i have actually thought about dc as a potential terrorist target & it makes me slightly scared to move there. i think it is a much nicer city than philly, though.

im having teh SAME PROBleM....i got into the 7 year ba/md programs at both GW and Drexel but GW is insanely expensive....is drexel really That bad? reputation wise? will that effect my residency match? how does UCONN fair among these schools?