Drexel DPMS 2016 - 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Are you a re-applicant or first timer?

• Total voters
I thought II were given after the 29th? Well congrats to all who received them!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the interviews guys! Good luck to those still waiting! I'm a track 1 (MCAT re-taker) DPMSer, if you guys need a cheaper ride from the airport than an uber, etc. let me know. Chances are I'll be able to pick you up since classes are winding down for us

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! It depends on the course we're in. We take some classes that are actual medical school courses with the same medical school examination except they take theirs on iPads and we take ours on scantrons lol. All multiple choice! Actually, all exams we've taken are multiple choice, but in some other graduate courses like our medical professionalism course or the courses we took over the summer we do have occasional essay format (very short) assignments or discussion board type stuff. The majority of your grading is multiple choice type exams/quizzes. The medical school exams are hard as heck though don't be fooled lol and USMLE only gives you 1.3 minutes per question so they gave us something like 1.4 minutes per question, like a standardized test scenario. Definitely a lot of stuff you need to know, but it's not pure memorization. Especially the medical school courses, they will ask questions that apply your knowledge, and there are some good textbooks to practice questions of that sort that we will tell you about that helped us. Also, our histo (microanatomy) course had lab practicals that were multiple choice and fill in the blank type questions that were tricky to get used to.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys,

Quick question any idea if you can send the BCPM form to the email as well, or does that have to be mailed?

As a DPMSer you're not encouraged to pursue extracurriculars, as you're trying to meet an academic contractual obligation. However, there are many opportunities through the PMPH program (graduate school) that other similar programs such as IMS, MSP, and IHS are highly encouraged to participate in. Personally, it's a full time job trying to succeed in the program and its really difficult to try and juggle much else. Once you're in DUCOM you can resume extracurricular interests as much as you feel you can handle. (We do have classmates that play basketball and workout, etc. those types of ec's, but volunteering and having a part time job are a lot to handle during DPMS year.) Sorry, I don't mean to be discouraging about that aspect, I'm positive we all wish we could have done more outside of classes, but it's just not a priority during DPMS year. It is good to keep your hobbies though or else you may go a little nuts lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Those of you that have received interviews, do you mind sharing your stats?

Hey guys. What's the average age in this program?

Hmm I can't give an exact number, but it's probably 24/25. A few of us are 22, and a few are around 30, everyone else is somewhere in between. Hope that helps.

Reactions: 2 users
Hmm I can't give an exact number, but it's probably 24/25. A few of us are 22, and a few are around 30, everyone else is somewhere in between. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info. I'm a little above the 30 year mark and wanted to be sure that I wasn't going to be the only one with a few grey hairs. I'll be keeping up on this thread as I start to look around for what my next step will be. Thanks

hello I just learned about DPMS today, and the deadline is april 29th, do you think I should apply? especially that I will still get the transcripts and letter of recommendations sent to them? my mcat score isn't competitive either its 489

Are any of you guys having difficulty contacting the office through the email they gave? Haven't been receiving responses to what they have received and haven't. Thinking I should give them a call make it easier to find out

Members don't see this ad :)
Are any of you guys having difficulty contacting the office through the email they gave? Haven't been receiving responses to what they have received and haven't. Thinking I should give them a call make it easier to find out
I had the same problem as far as getting them to answer emails, but I realized it was because my application fee wasn't processed yet. After my payment was processed they actually emailed me with a list of things I was missing and again when I was complete

hello I just learned about DPMS today, and the deadline is april 29th, do you think I should apply? especially that I will still get the transcripts and letter of recommendations sent to them? my mcat score isn't competitive either its 489

Listening to the Webinar, they supposedly look at all applications at the same time AFTER the deadline. So id you can get everything entered and sent in time I would say DEFINITELY go for it. I see some ppl on this board have been offered interviews, I'm not sure what that means for the rest of us waiting but doesn't hurt to try!

the oldest MCAT they will take is Jan 2015...time to accept that I will have retake the MCAT after all :(
hi, sort of a late response to your post, but how do you know this is the latest MCAT they'll accept?

Submitted my application very recently, hoping for the best! :)

I have emailed and called them numerous times, but have had no luck reaching them.

If you attended the webinar was the application fee waived automatically for the DPMS program?

How did you guys send in your MCAT scores?

Last edited:
Yes, it was. It just took a few days before I received notification.
Where did you recieve notification? They aren't answering any of my emails or calls and I'm concerned what's going on with my application. Submitted two weeks ago but no confirmation if they received anything.

How did you guys send in your MCAT scores?
I had some difficulty with them getting my MCAT. Initially I sent it online via the portal on AAMC's website as instructed but I kept getting emails from Drexel saying that they were still waiting for it and I had sent it 3 weeks prior so I knew something was wrong. I sent it again online and they still didnt get it. So then I decided to just print out the form and send in a paper copy via USPS. I finally got an email saying they received it. Idk if it was the paper copy or me re sending it online though... Maybe online worked for others but for some reason they weren't able to access mine that way initially.

To answer DUmedical...I received emails maybe once a week informing me of what they were still waiting for. Finally received and email saying they had received everything and it was under review.

If it let me submit my application without asking about payment, does that mean it was waived? I attended a webinar back in January but have no idea how the waiver fee works on their end. I'm thinking about submitting payment just in case. How do I do this online?

Guys, I was denied admission to the DPMS yesterday. :( I was complete in late March. Good luck for all of those who are applying!
BTW, I was offered a seat in the IMS, though. Anybody, especially those who are currently in the Drexel prehealth programs, has any insights or information to share about the whole prehealth programs at Drexel in general?

Last edited:
Any one know how many apps they receive and how many they accept?

Guys, I was denied admission to the DPMS yesterday. :( I was complete in late March. Good luck for all of those who are applying!
BTW, I was offered a seat in the IMS, though. Anybody, especially those who are currently in the Drexel prehealth programs, has any insights or information to share about the whole prehealth program at Drexel in general?
How did they tell you? did you receive an email?

hi, sort of a late response to your post, but how do you know this is the latest MCAT they'll accept?

It's not! Not sure where this information is from, but mine was taken in 2014 and I got an interview

Hi everyone,
1. Just wondering when the program starts, if we are accepted. I know it is in August, but does any one know the exact date?
2. Also, how are you figuring out the housing situation?

Hi everyone,
1. Just wondering when the program starts, if we are accepted. I know it is in August, but does any one know the exact date?
2. Also, how are you figuring out the housing situation?
According to last years thread, I think it actually starts in June, and they give you a dorm to live in for the summer. Not positive, that's just what I read in past forums.

Program start date: June 20th

You have to find your own housing. You can stay in the dorms but it'll be charged to your student account

According to last years thread, I think it actually starts in June, and they give you a dorm to live in for the summer. Not positive, that's just what I read in past forums.

Program start date: June 20th

You have to find your own housing. You can stay in the dorms but it'll be charged to your student account

Wow, that's so soon, thank you for letting me know, I was completely misinformed. I unfortunately didn't know about the webinar, I'm sure they must have answered some of these questions there..

Is there any information regarding the pricing of the dorms online? Does anyone have experience with finding housing around the school?

Also, I received an email saying they will email us with interview dates after April 29th. Has anyone heard back yet? With an interview date or rejection?

Thanks again!

II received. They have a lot of interview slots.

could any one share his/her interview day? any feedback? is it a one to one interview? a group interview? what is the interview format?
Thanks

Those of you who received a II, first congrats! Second, when was your application completed by?

Last edited:
Any one knows the essay question the applicant has to write on the interview day?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Decided not to take the offer for drexel's II, good luck to whoever gets it :)

Have you applied to another master's program or been accepted to another program - focusshots?

Have you applied to another master's program or been accepted to another program - focusshots?

I interviewed at 2 others and I'm honestly not trying to retake the Mcat for a mere point or 2 points to make their quota and if I somehow get rejected from the 2 I interviewed at I rather just pay a verbal tutor and go hard again at it instead of doing this program.

I see. Best of luck. I guess if you have a good GPA it makes sense. Did you go to the interview? If yes, what is your perception about the school and facility after your interview? If you don't mind sharing it. Thanks

I see. Best of luck. I guess if you have a good GPA it makes sense. Did you go to the interview? If yes, what is your perception about the school and facility after your interview? If you don't mind sharing it. Thanks

Nope I didn't go to the interview for Drexel only the other 2.

I interviewed at 2 others and I'm honestly not trying to retake the Mcat for a mere point or 2 points to make their quota and if I somehow get rejected from the 2 I interviewed at I rather just pay a verbal tutor and go hard again at it instead of doing this program.

what were the other two programs you interviewed at if you don't mind me asking?

I'm w/ the group of folks still waiting to hear any news. While we wait in anticipation, I was curious to know as a general question, what other programs has everyone applied to? The only other Masters program I applied for was Colorado State University's 1 yr MS in Biomedical Sciences.

BTW: congrats to those who have received interview invites.

First, congrats to all those who have gotten interviews so far! Does anyone know when the official program start date is? Sorry if you've already posted and I missed it.