DREXEL email! WTF!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beponychick

SDN Angel
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

did anyone get this email from drexel? The problem is, I WAS NEVER INVITED! Are they just messing with me? :mad:

Dear Invited applicant:
It has come to my attention that the website location for our Visit Brochure, which we refer you to on our interview invitation letter, is incorrect. Please go to http://webcampus.drexelmed.edu/Admissions/2006VisitBrochure.pdf to view our Visit Brochure.

I apologize for the error. Please don't hesitate to call or e-mail me if you have any questions or problems accessing this site.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

beponychick said:
Hi guys,

did anyone get this email from drexel? The problem is, I WAS NEVER INVITED! Are they just messing with me? :mad:

Dear Invited applicant:
It has come to my attention that the website location for our Visit Brochure, which we refer you to on our interview invitation letter, is incorrect. Please go to http://webcampus.drexelmed.edu/Admissions/2006VisitBrochure.pdf to view our Visit Brochure.

I apologize for the error. Please don't hesitate to call or e-mail me if you have any questions or problems accessing this site.

Thank you.

Call them!

Apparition said:
Call them!

I e-mailed the lady back. Ill call also. This is crazy! Its really not nice to make mistakes like this!

Members don't see this ad :)
beponychick said:
I e-mailed the lady back. Ill call also. This is crazy! Its really not nice to make mistakes like this!

They can't back down now. Tell them to spill out the interview.

Apparition said:
They can't back down now. Tell them to spill out the interview.

I just called and scheduled my interview!!! what a crazy way to find out!!!! I didnt even get the letter yet!!!

beponychick said:
I just called and scheduled my interview!!! what a crazy way to find out!!!! I didnt even get the letter yet!!!

Conrgats Bepony! :thumbup: Now you can stop posting on the O interview thread. Do you mind saying when you were complete?

beponychick said:

thats AWESOME! Congratulations!!! :thumbup:

Weird...I just got that email too. I'm about to call.

VPDcurt said:
Interview - very nice.

Sweet, how long have you been complete?

BOBODR said:
Sweet, how long have you been complete?

I actually haven't received the complete notice yet. I sent in their secondary on 8/19 and my LORs were sent about a week after that.

So my understanding is that EVERYONE who got this email has an INTERVIEW INVITATION??!! Could it be?

Ms. Kennedy isn't picking up her phone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Doko said:
So my understanding is that EVERYONE who got this email has an INTERVIEW INVITATION??!! Could it be?

Call this number: 215 991-8202

I called, and it looks like EVERYONE who received this email ALSO has RECEIVED an interview. They sent out the email a little early, so it's not a big deal!!

Drexel starts interviewing the 20th... who's with me?!

Doko said:
I called, and it looks like EVERYONE who received this email ALSO has RECEIVED an interview. They sent out the email a little early, so it's not a big deal!!

Drexel starts interviewing the 20th... who's with me?!

did you schedule for the 20th? i'll be there.

Did everyone get this e-mail at the same time?

Guess I was one of the lucky ones. I scheduled 9/22.

Bobo, I was complete on 8-19.

Yes I am very thrilled about this. Drexel rejected me (with no interview) the first time I applied for the 2004 entering class. So Im excited!

I am interviewing on 9-26 (Monday). Anyone else?

i'll be there 9/20 as well!
(my info for those wondering: secondary sent 8/13, complete 9/3, interview letter 9/6--although it was dated 8/31)
hope that helps!

beponychick said:

Hehe... congrats :)

crazy_cavalier said:
Hehe... congrats :)

got this email too; how freaking weird! Going to call right now, buit I'm assuming this means we all have interview invites! yeeehaw! :love:

btw: the link in the e-mail is not working for me. anyone have this problem?

beponychick said:
LOL, I have that problem too. How ironic! Maybe it's a Mozilla issue, no idea.

beponychick said:

Ya...I cant get it to work either.

crazy_cavalier said:
it worked for me... :oops:

here try clicking this

it gives me this message:

Adobe Acrobat 6.0 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

whats this?

beponychick said:
it gives me this message:

Adobe Acrobat 6.0 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

whats this?

how utterly bizarre... I have the older version of acrobat reader and it had no problems... weird. give me about 5-10 minutes and I'll see if I can convert it to a word document so you can access it.

Well, it seems the problem is somehow connected to Adobe Reader 6.0. You should try to update to version 7.0 (I believe it should be available for free... www.adobe.com) and that ought to fix the problem. I also converted the .pdf to a document file, but the formating got all screwed up. So instead I chose to convert each page of the brochure into a jpeg image and compiled them all into a zip file for you.

unfortunately, the file size is 1.8 MB (16 jpegs... big file) so for now, the best thing to do is try to get a hold of Reader 7.0 ... if you still want the converted files I made, I can email them to you if you PM me.

(p.s. sorry it took longer than 5-10 mins, was on the phone for a "cousin crisis", heh)

thanks crazy! you're awesome! is this the same brochure thats on their website? what is so special about it?

crazy_cavalier said:
Well, it seems the problem is somehow connected to Adobe Reader 6.0. You should try to update to version 7.0 (I believe it should be available for free... www.adobe.com) and that ought to fix the problem. I also converted the .pdf to a document file, but the formating got all screwed up. So instead I chose to convert each page of the brochure into a jpeg image and compiled them all into a zip file for you.

unfortunately, the file size is 1.8 MB (16 jpegs... big file) so for now, the best thing to do is try to get a hold of Reader 7.0 ... if you still want the converted files I made, I can email them to you if you PM me.

(p.s. sorry it took longer than 5-10 mins, was on the phone for a "cousin crisis", heh)

beponychick said:
thanks crazy! you're awesome! is this the same brochure thats on their website? what is so special about it?

The link in the email they sent you takes you to a pdf brochure that explains the interview day at drexel and also offers directions and info on hotels / places to eat. There's also some info about what to expect during the interview and some background on the school.

download adobe reader 7.0

congrats again on the interview :)

Doko said:

woohoo! i got the same e-mail. i guess i'll call tomorrow too. congrats, everyone.

by the way - congrats, beponychick! i know you were really anxious to start getting interviews. way to go!

medstylee said:
by the way - congrats, beponychick! i know you were really anxious to start getting interviews. way to go!

thanks! im really excited. Its a great school and I would definitely like to go there if accepted. Im waiting though for some NJ schools! If they give me interviews, I will be in pure bliss! Congrats to you as well and good luck!!! :)

med schools are not nearly as organized as one might (or might not) think

i found out that i got into a school by getting an email that was for the incomming class and getting books or something

i had not heard anything about my admissions status so i called them and they were like whoops congrats your in

crazy

Nas23 said:
Drexel is my number one choice. If I get in here, I'm withdrawing from everywhere else (or just keep my PA schools). I receieved my application complete postcard about Wed. or Thurs. last week.

I got my fingers crossed for an interview.

Are most of you guys in-state or out of state?

i'm out of state (ny). i was complete august 19 and my interview invite letter was dated september 7th or 8th (too lazy to go find it). good luck.