Drexel IMS... should I?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lctic

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I apologize in advance if I'm posting in the wrong forum, but I couldn't figure a better place to put this in.

Anyways, I have a 3.83 gpa, 3.75 sciences gpa, and a MCAT of 34, but I did not get accepted to any medical schools during the 2008 cycle. So I am applying again for the 2009 cycle, but in the mean time, I am applying to the Drexel IMS program. Would this program really help me during this time and provide me with a much better chance of getting in? Would it be worth tuition and essentially taking medical school classes while not getting the credit of a medical school?

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated greatly.

Members don't see this ad.

you don't need to do an smp. your stats should get you into a medical school without the risk and cost of an smp. Apply early and apply broad to a lot of schools to be safe.

you don't need to do an smp. your stats should get you into a medical school without the risk and cost of an smp. Apply early and apply broad to a lot of schools to be safe.

Thats right, all the post bacs including the Drexel IMS are to enhance your academic credentials (GPA) and since you already have a great GPA, it can't help you much.

You need to focus on extracurriculars...do u have a lot of research, clinical and community service experience?? Also you can try contacting schools to figure out why they rejected you and what you can do to improve your app? Most schools will usually provide you with some advice.

Spend time getting publications and doing amazing activities...post bacs are a waste of time for u!