Drexel IMS vs. Tulane Pharmacology MS heeelllp!!!

Started by BigJ28
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Drexel IMS or Tulane Pharmacology program?

  • Drexel IMS

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tulane Pharm

    Votes: 8 61.5%

  • Total voters
    13
  • Poll closed .

BigJ28

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've recently been accepted to both programs and after researching on SDN 'til my eyes bled I still can't make a decision. Any thoughts? Any input is appreciated as I have to decide very soon...
 
3.2 sGPA, 3.4 cGPA, 27 MCAT. Undergrad bio major and 1 semester of post-bac work at a state university. Pretty good ECs and research experience. Retaking MCAT before start of either program most likely. It definitely seems like SDN doesn't look too favorably on the IMS program overall, but I feel like the "doing med school to prove you can" aspect of it has some merit to it. Tulane definitely has its pros as well so it's tough to make a decision.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3.2 sGPA, 3.4 cGPA, 27 MCAT. Undergrad bio major and 1 semester of post-bac work at a state university. Pretty good ECs and research experience. Retaking MCAT before start of either program most likely. It definitely seems like SDN doesn't look too favorably on the IMS program overall, but I feel like the "doing med school to prove you can" aspect of it has some merit to it. Tulane definitely has its pros as well so it's tough to make a decision.

Tulane IF you can raise your MCAT to above a 30, because that is there cutoff for admission to the med school from their masters...
 
I also just received an acceptance from the Rosalind Franklin BMS program today. Given these three, which would you pick and why? I've heard linkage at RFU is pretty good (better than the other two) but I can't really confirm this...any thoughts anyone?
 
Tulane Pharm has an 80% acceptance rate, RFU accepts 70% but only 75% finish so that becomes 53% accepted, but I'm not sure about Drexel (have heard bad things related to the lectures being all on video), plus I'm not sure about their acceptance rate. I would go for Tulane.